Complaint Review: APX-SAI-Castle Rock Security Alarm Monitoring

• Submitted: Thu, August 06, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, August 06, 2009

• Reported By:Leesburg Virginia
APX-SAI-Castle Rock Security Alarm Monitoring
2101 South Arlington Heights Rd Suite 150 Arlington, Illinois U.S.A.

APX-SAI-Castle Rock Security Alarm Monitoring Refuse to release from contract after 3 years without reminders Arlington , Illinois

Similar to several other consumers on this site, we had a three-year contract with Apex/SAI/Castlerock, which we fulfilled. We then changed to another alarm company without realizing the contract switched over, not to month-to-month, but rather year-to-year, and if we didn't notify them in writing 30 days before the year was up we were signing up for another year. They say the contract says this (and I'm sure it does, somewhere in there) but we hardly have it handy. We asked if they sent a reminder, and they said no, they are not legally required to send such a notice.

I spoke initially to a customer service rep (Lynn) who was very nice, but who passed me to their customer service manager (Ricki). She told me they could not let me out of the contract (not true, just that she didn't want to) and, worse when I asked for the name and phone number of her superior she refused to give it to me.

I think, considering they get their customers by this same process, and no other alarm company that we've worked with has such a ridiculous plan, they should give us more satisfaction than a flat "you have to pay a full year's alarm bill" and a refusal to give us anybody else to talk to. When we had them, they gave acceptable service, but their customer service/contract management people make we never want to deal with them again. I suggest you do the same.

Leesburg, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/06/2009 03:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/APX-SAI-Castle-Rock-Security-Alarm-Monitoring/Arlington-Illinois-60005/APX-SAI-Castle-Rock-Security-Alarm-Monitoring-Refuse-to-release-from-contract-after-3-year-477149. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on APX-SAI-Castle Rock Security Alarm Monitoring