Complaint Review: APlusMedia

• Submitted: Wed, January 30, 2013
  • Updated: Sun, February 03, 2013

• Reported By: joey — Arlington Virginia United States of America
APlusMedia

APlusMedia MyECoverMaker Mysterious $75 Charge Followed By Rude Commenting Internet

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Joey Poltor of RealEstateDM.com

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: False claim

My paypal had stopped working, so I called Paypal and they alerted me to a $75 charge.  I requested an explanation from the contact form on myecovermaker.com and I was rudely attacked about the inquiry, which makes me assume that this was an accurate assault.  Then, when I looked up the name of the guy I had been in contact with, I found that Tuan Nguyen (the guy I had been emailing) was the CEO of the company.

DO NOT USE www.MYECOVERMAKER.com or anything from APLUSMEDIA.com

Here is the email transcription.

Me

Hi, you guys charged $75 to my account for no reason.  Can you look into this?  Paypal Address

MyEcovermaker

Please note that there is no way anyone can 'charge' your account, you must initiate the charges.
With that said, I'm not sure about the $75 you are talking about, but you do have an account with us for membership access to www.myecovermaker.com, but the charge is $14.95.

However that was cancelled by you earlier today.

ME

I was charged $75 by your company in addition to the $14.95 monthly charge.  I enjoy the service but will not be using it any longer if you are unable to explain what the $75 is.
I contacted Paypal when I was no longer to access the account and they alerted me to the $75 charge.  Please look deeper into this situation.  Perhaps you have a hacker of some sort using your information.

MYECOVERMAKER

Could you forward me the receipt for that $75 charge? If anyone is hacked, it would be your account that was hacked because it's impossible for us or anyone to just charge you at will (that's inaccurate, if they have my card info, they can charge me). Without the receipt I cannot help you identify the charges.

ME

I'm not sending you anything.  You were not as helpful as you should have been either.  I am disappointed in your service.  Please send these emails to your supervisor.  If you will notice, Paypal has started an investigation into the charges.  The $75 charge was from aplusmedia.

MYECOVERMAKER

It's absolutely unbelievable how you find what you just said is reasonable. You claim that we charged you $75 - but yet you are not willing to even send us the receipt or any information so we can investigate into the charges. As I said before, the only charges are the $14.95 charge, HOWEVER, that charge was cancelled from your end before it even cleared, so we didn't even receive that charge.
What exactly are you expecting us to do to be helpful? Do you want us to just send you the $75 ? If you even expect a refund, we would need the transaction ID to find the transaction and issue a refund.

We can't be helpful if you are not willing to cooperate. At this stage, I think you are just making up stories, because there is no charge of $75 as you claimed, and there is also no paypal disputes on any charges in our account.

ME

No, I didn't want you to do anything but look into it.  Congratulations on losing a customer.  I'll be forwarding this email thread to some other addresses in aplusmedia expressing my disappointment.

MYECOVERMAKER

Please forward all the emails to whoever you want, as long as you keep all the messages intact. People will see who is being impossible here, and it's not me. We don't need customers like you, so it's a good thing.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/30/2013 07:12 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/APlusMedia/internet/APlusMedia-MyECoverMaker-Mysterious-75-Charge-Followed-By-Rude-Commenting-Internet-1005949. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on APlusMedia

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Joey Poltor of RealEstateDM.com

AUTHOR: Tony - (United States of America)

Joey Poltor ( of RealEstateDM.com / realestatedirectmarketer.com )

If you will read the email conversation again, there's no way anyone can help you if you don't provide information. All you said was that you were charged $75 (you didnt even mention who the charge was from). And you don't even have a receipt number to look up, how is anyone suppose to help you?

You are just being unreasonable and impossible to deal with.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

False claim

AUTHOR: Tony - (United States of America)

Anyone who uses paypal knows that you cant just simply charge anyone else at will. The charges are initiated by the buyer.

FYI, NO ONE can see your card info when you go through paypal.

Not only this Joey individual doesn't know what he's talking about regarding paypal, he was not giving us any details making it impossible for us to help him. He is claiming we charged him, yet was not able to provide any receipt. Our conclusion was he was lying.

slipped