Complaint Review: ARA, INC

• Updated: Sat, January 22, 2011

• Reported By: Carolyn — Lithonia Georgia United States of America
ARA, INC
P.O. BOX 5002 Villa Park,, Illinois United States of America

ARA, INC THEY ARE SENDING OUT FAKE COLLECTION LETTERS TO GET YOU TO PAY FAKE DEBTS Villa Park,, Illinois

*Consumer Suggestion: Pull all 3 of your credit reports immediately!

*Consumer Comment: Do not answer the phone

*Consumer Comment: Looks like the Pakistanis now have competition

I received a letter from ARA, Inc. stating that I owe $5,213.52 and can settle the account for $3,649.46 and can pay $50.00 a month. They stated that the original creditor is B of A - Berkley Fed account number 7700020667. They also stated that once the settlement is paid I will receive a paid in full letter. I called ARA, Inc because I did not owe ANYONE. I spoke with Mr. Blake in litigation in which he stated that I defaulted on a loan with Bank of America. I told him that I have not or have never had an account with Bank of America. He then put me on hold then told me that it was a medical bill. I also told him that this was not true. When I asked him for the creditors information and told informedhim that I was going to record the conversation he hung up on me. He also could not give me the medical creditor's informationBank of America is not medical. I also asked him for the address he would not give that to me he gave me the address on the letter which is the P.O. Box. He has my personal information such as my social security number and my family members name. This company threaten to call the authorities if I call them again. THEY HAVE MY INFORMATION... CALL THE POLICE IF YOU RECEIVE INFORMATON FROM THESE PEOPLE..............

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/21/2011 11:11 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ARA-INC/Villa-Park-Illinois-60181/ARA-INC-THEY-ARE-SENDING-OUT-FAKE-COLLECTION-LETTERS-TO-GET-YOU-TO-PAY-FAKE-DEBTS-Villa-685099. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ARA, INC

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Pull all 3 of your credit reports immediately!

AUTHOR: Steve - (U.S.A.)

The first thing you need to learn is to NEVER speak to any third party debt collector. STAY OFF THE PHONE!! Speaking to them will NEVER bring positive results, and willin most casesmake things worse.

Immediately pull all three of your credit reports, for several reasons.

First, you want to see if any collections accounts are listed. Second, you want to see who has accessed your credit and personal info.

Anything that is inaccurate on your credit report can be disputed IN WRITING under the terms of the FCRA, and the FDCPA for the collections violations.

Certified mail, return reciept requested.

Do not answer the phone

AUTHOR: Steph - (USA)

If they call again and if you have a answering machine let it answer the phone for you that way you will have them on tape

Looks like the Pakistanis now have competition

AUTHOR: Jim - (U.S.A.)

This is an old scam, if you have the telephone number they called from, I'll bet it shows a telephone relay.

(For future reference after any call if you pick up the Phone and dial star six-nine, it will tell you the last incoming telephone number, andwhether it's "Unavailable,Blocked or cell phone.)

these are just thieves ignore them.