Complaint Review: ARA INC.

• Submitted: Sat, June 22, 2013
  • Updated: Sat, June 22, 2013

• Reported By: Matthew Y. — Granada Hills California
ARA INC.
1415 S Ardmore #5002 Villa Park, Illinois USA

ARA INC. They said they were prepareing a lawsuit on behalf of a credit card company I never owned. Villa Park Illinois

Huge rip-off... Beware of this company ARA Inc.

ARA Inc. They called me out of the blue and said they were working on behalf of an attorney's office and they were preparing a lawsuit regarding my Discover Card. They claim I owned a Discover Card and I was delinquent over $15.000.00 and they were giving me an opportunity to pay if off or they were going forward with the lawsuit.

They rattled off my past address and my last four numbers of my social security number. They wanted me to give them information on myself to a company that calls me out of the blue, I don't know them, never heard of them, and never owned a Discover Card.

They then said that someone may have done credit card fraud and they could help me if I knew of anyone that had a Discover Card. I frankly told them at that point that I don't know you and I'm not giving that info to a "Company" that calls me out of the blue.

Come to find out that my daughter is in the process of claiming bankruptcy and she owned a discover card in her name that she is in arrears on. Bingo, they were trying to get info on her and were unsuccessful. They told me to run a credit report and they would call me back to discuss the lawsuit before the file it.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/22/2013 12:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ARA-INC/Villa-Park-Illinois-60181/ARA-INC-They-said-they-were-prepareing-a-lawsuit-on-behalf-of-a-credit-card-company-I-n-1061265. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ARA INC.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC