Complaint Review: ARA Villa Park,Il

• Updated: Sat, July 02, 2011

• Reported By: kenny — monroe Connecticut United States of America
ARA Villa Park,Il
PO Box 5002 Villa Park, Illinois United States of America

ARA Villa Park,Il I just recieved a letter from this co. that I owe $13,516.65 for a car that the credit acceptance co. repoed 13 yrs ago.This is the very first notice that I have ever gotten.I was involved in a class Villa Park, Illinois

*Consumer Comment: Check the SOL

*Consumer Comment: From 1998 to 2011 Is long past ANY statute of Limitations, tell them fu* off

I was involved in a class action lawsuit against credit acceptance corp about 10 or more yrs ago and recieved compensation from this suit,so I don't know why after 13 yrs 1998 is when this ara co.is telling me that all of a sudden I get this letter stating that I owe them $13,516.65.I called this ara up and wow they were obnoxious.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/01/2011 01:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ARA-Villa-ParkIl/Villa-Park-Illinois-60181/ARA-Villa-ParkIl-I-just-recieved-a-letter-from-this-co-that-I-owe-1351665-for-a-car-748105. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ARA Villa Park,Il

Check the SOL

AUTHOR: Robert - (USA)

You should check with your state for the statute of limitations for a written contract-auto loan.

In some states, the SOL is up to 15 years.  Check the SOL in your state.  If the SOL is expired that would be an affirmative defense against any lawsuit they might bring against you.

From 1998 to 2011 Is long past ANY statute of Limitations, tell them fu* off

AUTHOR: Jim - (U.S.A.)

They can't LEGALLY collect, Watch for such things as an altered "DUE DATE" otherwise you're safe.

ceiling