Complaint Review: ARA

• Reported By: Brandy76 — Windsor Mill Maryland United States of America
ARA
P.O. Box 5002 Villa Park, Illinois United States of America

ARA ARA Inc Debt Recovery Villa Park, Illinois

I received a letter dated March 9, 2011 from ARA in regards to a debt for an old automobile loan. The letter has a account number and area to make a payment or a number to pay over the phone. At the bottom it has the normal debt message.
    I called and left a message. I was called back on Monday morning. I spoke with a rep who did not identify himself. When I started to ask him questions he started to stumble over his words. He was not to sure of the answers that I asked.

He did state the the loan was from May of 1998. I asked him about the statue of limitations and he tried to tell me that there was none. I'm glad that I know better.

He accused me of being aggressive and hung up on me. I called back and spoke with another gentleman who identified himself as Mr. Blake. I then asked him how did he get my information and was there an actual address other than the P.O. Box listed on the letter. He stated no. I informed him that this company was not on my credit report and that I questioned the validity of the debt. I also stated that I would contact a lawyer. Mr. Blake advised me that he was diconnecting the call.

I checked the BBB associtiation and found that this business has had numerous complaints and has a rating of D-. This is a big scam and I advise no one to pay any money to this company. Do your research first.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/14/2011 12:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ARA/Villa-Park-Illinois-60181/ARA-ARA-Inc-Debt-Recovery-Villa-Park-Illinois-705824. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ARA