Complaint Review: ARA

• Submitted: Tue, March 01, 2011
  • Updated: Tue, March 01, 2011

• Reported By: woodstove3180 — Aydlett North Carolina United States of America
ARA
P.O. BOX 5002 Villa Park, IL.60181 Villa Park, Illinois United States of America

ARA Threated to pay, or Garnish Paycheck. Villa Park, Illinois

Got a letter in the mail from ARA stating that my husband owed $ 1,116.12 from Providian Bank. So i called them and talked to a Mr, Blake, he could not tell me who the creditor was, that maybe it was Bank of America or US Bank, I don't even have a account with either. He also stated that if we settle for 500.00 that they would garnish my husband check. So I told him I would get back with them.

They called back the following week and my husband talked to Mr Blake and he still could not give my husband any info about Providian Bank, and said that he can Settle for 400.00 and wanted it paid in full by the end of the month.

But to beat it all the mail is going to our old address in Florida, and my friend is sending the mail here. And we have never had a credit card. So I got suspicious, and did a little investigating on my own today. Thanks Rip Off Report. They will not get any money out of us.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/01/2011 12:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ARA/Villa-Park-Illinois-60181/ARA-Threated-to-pay-or-Garnish-Paycheck-Villa-Park-Illinois-701286. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ARA