Complaint Review: ARAG Legal Services

• Updated: Fri, December 07, 2012

• Reported By: Delilah — Houston Texas United States of America
ARAG Legal Services
400 Locust St Des Moines, Iowa United States of America

ARAG Legal Services Low quality attorneys and too many loop holes. Des Moines, Iowa

*UPDATE Employee: Give Us A Call

At first it sounds like a good deal but read the fine print.

The first issue that came up was the attorney I used through ARAG.  She did the bare minimum, and made up excuses not to do what I asked her and as a result hurt my case and my family.  My attorney also knew that my case was going to be contested from the beginning and that we would be going to court but once we got to mediation she tried to push me to sign a contract and told me she didn't want to go to court with my case and all of a sudden she didn't think I had a chance to win.  I then found out that she doesn't get paid till the case is finished, that's a coincidence.

Second, 3 weeks before the trial date I get a call from my attorney stating that she double checked the insurance again, and they said that they wouldn't cover my case because it was pre-existing before I got the insurance.  I hired my attorney after the insurance took effect  but apparently because the other party filed first the full coverage is null and void and they only covered %25.  My attorney told me I had 3 days to come up with $6,000. Thanks ARAG.  If I had known how much I was going to pay out of pocket I would have hired a much better attorney who actually wanted my case.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/05/2012 06:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ARAG-Legal-Services/Des-Moines-Iowa-50309/ARAG-Legal-Services-Low-quality-attorneys-and-too-many-loop-holes-Des-Moines-Iowa-978416. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ARAG Legal Services

Give Us A Call

AUTHOR: ARAG - (United States of America)

Hi Delilah,

My name is Angela Ballantine. Im the director of customer care at ARAG. Im sorry to hear that you didnt have a great experience. Were not familiar with the specifics of your case, so would you be able to give me a call at 1-800-247-4184 and ask for Angela? We want to learn more about your experience with this particular attorney and make sure that they gave you the correct information regarding the status of your case.