Complaint Review: ARC

• Submitted: Fri, August 19, 2011
  • Updated: Wed, December 14, 2011

• Reported By: ARC/ PUBLISHERS/NORTH ATLANTA MAG C — ATLANTA Georgia United States of America
ARC
5175 PERFORMANCE DRIVE CUMMING, Georgia United States of America

ARC NORTH ATLANTA MAGAZINE CORP THIS IS A HUGE SCAM READ CAREFULLY I WORKED THERE CUMMING, Georgia

*Consumer Suggestion: Take them to court

*UPDATE Employee: North Atlanta Mag. response to posting by disgruntled ex-employee

I use to work for the company! They have changed their name several times due to the scam they were doing. I was given the inside reasons for the name changes. They claimed they were bought out several times but in reality people were catching on to their scheme, so they had to dodge the attention. This was told to me by someone who has been working there for 7 years. Everyone sits in a small room. Each person has a computer and a headset that pulls up telephone numbers and addresses and the computer automatically dials the number for the rep. There's a script that we had to read to each and every person we call. After the script we set the person up with a package. After the package is set we send the calls up to a "lead" or as they would say supervisor. After that the call is out of my hands. After doing some ease dropping on one of the "leads" call i overheard how they would be billing the customers and it made completely no sense. For each person there was a different price and i wasnt understanding why especially after the script says that they would be charged 18.70 a month for 5 magazines. Just about everyone in that building has a felony. LOOK AT WHO HAS ACCESS TO YOUR INFORMATION!!! CRIMINALS!!! This company had a horrible way of getting new reps. No Background Check, and No Drug Test. The sales reps have no access to these peoples information except their name and address. THE LEADS ARE COMMITTING THIS SCAM. I have the direct line to the manager her name is Kellie the number her direct line is 770 889 6933 EXT 1050 she or someone will answer this line.... And if you think this is a joke i have her direct cell phone number 770 276 5152 since she harasses you all call her and harass her... GET YOUR MONEY BACK DO NOT I REPEAT DO NOT ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS FROM THE PUBLISHERS. THAT IS THE NAME THEY GO BY IN THE SCRIPT!!!!! IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE RESPOND THERE'S A LOT MORE BUT TOO MUCH TO WRITE I AM HERE TO HELP IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS. I HAD TO QUIT THIS JOB ITS A SHAME AND ITS PITIFUL TO STEALS SOMEONES HARD EARNED MONEY!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/19/2011 02:47 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ARC/CUMMING-Georgia-30040/ARC-NORTH-ATLANTA-MAGAZINE-CORP-THIS-IS-A-HUGE-SCAM-READ-CAREFULLY-I-WORKED-THERE-CUMMING-767023. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ARC

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Take them to court

AUTHOR: Lawdog - (United States of America)

Hi, if you were cold called by this company and hoaxed into a subscription like my girlfriend was please do not be afraid to call a lawyer and get advice on how to handle the situation.

My girlfriend was cold called approximately a year ago for the magazine subscriptions and through misleading and quick talking reps signed into a 5yr subscription via check by phone.  On 11/28/2011 a rep called her stating that they were sorry they forgot to send her the magazines she ordered.  Then on 12/12/11 a rep called her asking for the payment of 74.80 for the magazines ordered, a $39.00 bank fee, and a $14.00 processing fee for the collection agency; also they stated that she was in contract with them and she would have to pay $18.70/month for the remainder of her 5yr agreement with no way out of it.  After threatening my girlfriend who has a 15 month old child, a part-time job of approximately 16hrs a week at $8.00/hr and bills due for her and baby with check fraud she agreed to pay them out of fear that she would loose her child and everything she has.  They recorded her saying that she would pay them back the $74.80 + $39.00 + $14.00, but not the threatening part about what would happen if she didn't.  They then called her again on 12/13/11 threatening her and asking for the money by tomorrow; this is when I became aware of the situation.

I called the Rep center back on 12/14/11 and spoke to a rep that gave me the same script that my girlfriend was told about her account.  I told them that they had never sent the magazines and that they had tricked her into a contract while she was busy with her son on the phone with them.  They then rebutted that she had agreed to pay them on 11/28/2011 and they had it recorded.  When I asked to hear the recording they were unable to provide it and they became irritated with me and hung up on me.  I called back and informed them that they should keep the magazines and that we would see them in court for maliciously attacking a young woman and her child with misleading contracts and threatening check fraud.  They then asked for forgiveness and asked if we could work something out.  They then called me back with an offer to only pay the original magazine order($74.80) and the bank fee ($39.00).  We agreed to that and paid it.

We are now searching for a lawyer that might take the case for the pain and suffering my girlfriend suffered thinking she would loose everything she holds dear.  So if any lawyers out there read this feel free to respond and let us know.

Thanks, Lawdog

North Atlanta Mag. response to posting by disgruntled ex-employee

AUTHOR: Kellie - (United States of America)

These statements are untrue and malicious.  We have NEVER been bought out and have been in business for 20 years.  Our sales reps speak with potential customers and if they agree to the magazines the lead is sent to a Supervisor who sets up a billing plan convenient for the customer.  The customer also agrees to a recorded conversation for Quality Assurance.  Once the customer agrees to the magazine order, the Quality Assurance department listens to every recording to make sure that all procedures were followed and the customer understands the agreement.

Every employee is given a new hire packet to complete, before they are added to payroll.   Consent to a background check and  random drug screens are employment requirements.

If you have further questions feel free to contact me on my business line or my cell phone.

Kellie