• Report: #206155

• Submitted: Mon, August 14, 2006
  • Updated: Tue, August 15, 2006

• Reported By:los angeles California
ARCO AM PM MINIMART GAS STATION
1605 GLENDALE BLVD LOS ANGELES, California U.S.A.

ARCO AM PM MINIMART GAS STATION RIPOFF CON-ARTISTS SWINDLERS CHEATERS LOS ANGELES California

*Author of original report: here's the details

*Consumer Suggestion: I don't understand...

*Consumer Comment: Huh?

They are con-artists, the people that own this franchise and the cashiers. Very shady stuff going on there.
First of all, the automatic pay station is messed up. The man before me ended up using my credit card to pay for his gas but only because the cashiers let him. Instead of cancelling the transaction, they allowed him to use my credit card without letting me know what the hell was going on!! MY CARD!!

Mae
los angeles, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/14/2006 11:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ARCO-AM-PM-MINIMART-GAS-STATION/LOS-ANGELES-California-90026/ARCO-AM-PM-MINIMART-GAS-STATION-RIPOFF-CON-ARTISTS-SWINDLERS-CHEATERS-LOS-ANGELES-Californ-206155. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ARCO AM PM MINIMART GAS STATION

here's the details

AUTHOR: Mae - (U.S.A.)

what happened was the automatic pay machine accidentally (i dont know how) charged my card for his pump. the gas station attendee came out and asked what happened. i told him that the machine charged my card for his pump and not mine. instead of the attendee cancelling the order, he let the man go ahead and pump gas with my credit card without telling me!!

the man then gave him $40.00 in cash for me. i was a bit iffy about the situation, but the attendee said he would give me the difference. except the man pumping gas using my credit card went over the $40.00 limit ($1.47). and that was when they wouldn't give me the change for it. true it's only $1.47, but that's not the matter. it's the principle!

the fact that i tried to explain to them and they wouldn't listen and tried to make up every excuse to not give me the change was what bothered me. and as i was leaving the store, there was another gentleman (who was purchasing something and they had charged him more) i overheard saying to the attendee that what they were doing was wrong and illegal and bad business. that was more than telling of what happened.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

I don't understand...

AUTHOR: Christine - (U.S.A.)

How can the person BEFORE you be able to use your card? I can see that if something screwed up, the person after you could use it, but before you? Please elaborate.

Huh?

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

"...they allowed him to use my credit card without letting me know what the hell was going on!! MY CARD!!

Not only that, but they swindled me in change. They took more than I gave! Something has to be done about this!"

What change? You don't get change back from a credit card purchase.