Complaint Review: ARIES, S.A. DE C.V. Marine Taxidermy - Roberto Hernandez Pena

• Submitted: Tue, November 08, 2005
  • Updated: Tue, November 08, 2005

• Reported By:Butte Montana
ARIES, S.A. DE C.V. Marine Taxidermy - Roberto Hernandez Pena
Costera Miguel Aleman No. 165 Depacho 1, 3 Piso Edificio Crom Centro Acapulco, Other Mexico
  • Phone: 744-482-96-81
  • Web:
  • Category: Taxidermy

ARIES, S.A. DE C.V. Marine Taxidermy - Roberto Hernandez Pena Accepted advance payment to mount a sailfish caught off the coast of Acapulco but never delived the fish. Acapulco Guerrero

I caught a beautiful 9', 125 lb sailfish off the coast of Acapulco, Mexico in Feb 2005. The fishing trip was set up by Alvero Sanchez who worked at the Grand Mayan Hotel. The boat was the Amor, owned by Jack's Sport Fishing Charters and captained by Joaquin Ramos V and Saul Bernat Cruz.

A taxidermist, Roberto Hernandez Pena, was recommended to me at the marina by Alvero and the boat Captain. We agreed on a price to mount the fish and I paid him half of that amount. I should have been suspicious when only two weeks later I received an e-mail stating my fish was ready and that I should send the remaining amount owed including shipping and insurance. I rationalized that they simply wanted to be paid early and I trusted that my fish would arrive when it was completed. WRONG!

After waiting and sending e-mails inquiries, I received an e-mail that said my fish would be shipped within 30 days. I have not heard from Sr. Pena since that time and e-mails now come back as undeliverable. Phone calls get an answering machine.

I have filed a written complaint with PROFECO, which is a Mexican government consumer complaint agency. After three months I have received a notice that they are still investigating. I can kiss $1160.00 goodbye!

I noticed another person from Tucson has placed an identical complaint on this site for this same taxidermist.

Roberto Hernanadez Pena is a thief and I suspect there are others involved including perhaps the boat captains. This has turned me off to any further fishing trips to Acapulco or any other Mexican location for that matter. They have totally ruined what would have been a wonderful Mexican fishing experience.

Mark
Butte, Montana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/08/2005 12:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ARIES-SA-DE-CV-Marine-Taxidermy-Roberto-Hernandez-Pena/Acapulco-Other/ARIES-SA-DE-CV-Marine-Taxidermy-Roberto-Hernandez-Pena-Accepted-advance-payment-to-163776. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ARIES, S.A. DE C.V. Marine Taxidermy - Roberto Hernandez Pena

socalled