- Report: #998667
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: ARIZONA PAIN SPECIALISTS
ARIZONA PAIN SPECIALISTS9787 N. 91st Street, Suite 101 Scottsdale, Arizona United States of America
ARIZONA PAIN SPECIALISTS DR. TORY MCJUNKIN MEDICAL PROCEDURE GONE VERY WRONG AND PUSHED OUT THE DOOR AFTERWARDS Scottsdale, Arizona
*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Bizarre
*Author of original report: No Response from Arizona Pain Specialists
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
The problem was the Arizona Pain Specialists changed facilities where the procedure was performed and seem a lot of the patient's records was not transferred. When I arrived at the facility, I was told the address was now different, so I ended up going to an entirely different address.
When I arrived at the new facility, I checked at the front desk at Scottsdale Surgery Center who told me I needed to pay for the procedure I had already paid Arizona Pain Specialist. After about 30 minutes of battling back and forth between me, Scottsdale Surgery Center and Arizona Pain Specialists, I was taken back to where the procedure was to be performed. Here is where it gets scary ...
* the admitting nurse asked me if I was getting a medial block on the right and left sides of my lower back. I explained that no, it was only the left side and assumed that they already knew where the injections were to be performed (since they have all the records). She wrote down the information, then took me to a room to get changed
* a second nurse came in and took my pulse, blood pressure, etc., and asked me again if I was having medial blocks done on the right and left side of my lower back. I told her no, it was only the left side, as I just explained to the other nurse, and reiterated it is the same procedure performed the prior week and asked her to double check those records.
* a 3rd nurse came to put the IV in (for sedation) and asked me again if I was having a medial block done on the right and left side of my lower back. I explained that no, just the left side, and wanted to know whether she is communicating with the other 2 nurses who asked me the same question. So I showed her where the area of lain was and they marked it on my back for the doctor. At this point I am getting concerned.
* I was taken back to the procedure room where I said hello to Dr. Lynch. I asked him could he please make sure the sedation was the same the prior week when the procedure was performed by Dr. McJunkin. He said he that Dr. McJunkin was in the next room and he would go inquire as to the amounts of sedation. He left, then came back and started working on his computer, and said nothing about my sedation, so I assumed that he was performing the procedure and had the information. I then asked one of the nurses whether they had the records from the prior week (since they were essentially performing the same procedure) and was told that all the records were at the other facility.
* Next, a Dr. Anderson came in the room (who to my surprise was the one performing the procedure) so I asked him about the sedation. He replied, "oh, you want sedation?" I told him I just explained this to Dr. Lynch and wonder if they even communicate at all.
* Next Dr Anderson gave me the sedation, which wasn't enough. The the injections were being done, it was very painful, and I started feeling a burning sensation on my back. I told Dr, Anderson about this, and he told me I need to just go to the recovery area. As I got off the table and walked out, the burning increased immensely. I sat in the chair starting to panic due to the increased pain. I told this to several nurses and begged for help. Finally Dr. Anderson came out and said they were going to give me an injection of something (I don't remember the name, as I was loopy and in a lot of pain). About 15 minutes later, i was forced to get dressed and my wife was told she needed to get me out of the facility right away. The nurses kept coming to me, telling me that i needed to go, and even though I was in great pain there was nothing they or the doctor were going to be able to do. I asked to speak to Dr. Lynch and was told that was not going to be possible.
I got home around shortly after leaving the facility, and laid down because I could not move because of the pain. Today a very sarcastic woman (the Triage Nurse) called from Arizona Pain Specialists; I told her this must be a joke after what happened yesterday. I explained that I am bed ridden and I need help, and asked her could the doctor call me so I can find out what to do to stop the pain; her response was that the doctor is not going to call and if I wan to talk to him I need to make an appointment. I asked her why didn't the doctor talk to me yesterday when i was at the facility in pain? She could not answer that and just got very sarcastic and said she will try to have the doctor or someone call.
I did get a call from the Scottsdale Surgery Center and explain the whole ordeal to them and she said that she would try to get the doctor or someone from Arizona Pain Specialists to call. She was very helpful.
Separately, Arizona Pain Specialists ordered a brain scan (which I did on Tuesday morning, 1/15/12), and I have little confidence that I will hear back from them on this. When I asked the triage nurse about this, she said that the doctor will not read the results over the phone and I would have to come in (which I can't, since I can barely move).
I have bed ridden now for over 24 hours. I had to cancel 2 very important doctors' appointments.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/17/2013 02:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ARIZONA-PAIN-SPECIALISTS/Scottsdale-Arizona-85258/ARIZONA-PAIN-SPECIALISTS-DR-TORY-MCJUNKIN-MEDICAL-PROCEDURE-GONE-VERY-WRONG-AND-PUSHED-OU-998667. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.