Complaint Review: ARMED FORCES BANK

• Updated: Wed, July 09, 2014

• Reported By: MACK96 — ELLERSLIE Georgia
ARMED FORCES BANK
Nationwide USA

ARMED FORCES BANK FRAUDULENT CHARGES MEANS NOTHING NATIONWIDE BANKING Nationwide

*Consumer Comment: Explain how this works...

I have been a customer since 1996 so I thought that meant something. I discovered that I could not use my debit card one morning as the statement "contact financial institution" spit out of the ATM instead of my money. I learned my debit card and account were locked. After speaking with a bank rep...we realized three purchases were made in California. I live in Georgia.

The charges were made on MY debit card account....my payday was the day before this occured and I could not get any money. I had paid two bills the night prior (as I aways do) to two separate companies....both did not get paid...you would think...that with banks that serve the public and in this day and age of fraud...the bank would have suspected something was different.....everything comes out of GA.....and there were three purchases from CA overnight.....and on one day.

I was told to send a letter of dispute to the bank and was told my account would be FROZEN until up to 10 business days...so screw me, screw my bills....I felt as if I was under suspicion....I understand the bank needs to check these incidents out as there are so many nasty people in society that lie, cheat, and steal but I'm not one of them. I was disgusted that there was no sense of urgency with this problem....to HELL with this bank...my money is out of there.

I am not a disgruntled customer but when you go to get money after your payday and realize something is wrong, call your bank, are told you cannot access any money until up to 10 days......that leaves a bad feeling with me...and I don't want anybody else to have to go through with this...I should sue for lack of notification..and lessons learned....be more attentive to my account activities...don't rely on this bank to back you up.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/16/2014 10:45 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ARMED-FORCES-BANK/nationwide/ARMED-FORCES-BANK-FRAUDULENT-CHARGES-MEANS-NOTHING-NATIONWIDE-BANKING-Nationwide-1147262. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ARMED FORCES BANK

Explain how this works...

AUTHOR: Ken - ()

you would think...that with banks that serve the public and in this day and age of fraud...the bank would have suspected something was different"I should sue for lack of notification..and lessons learned....be more attentive to my account activities...don't rely on this bank to back you up"

You're going to sue THEM for freezing your account to protect YOU from further fraud?  What a novel concept. Let us know what your lawyer says about this when you sue them.

"you would think...that with banks that serve the public and in this day and age of fraud...the bank would have suspected something was different"

Your statement infers they DIDN'T notice something was different, but they STILL froze you account...right.?

How did you, with all your mental prowess arrive at this conclusion?   You have TOTALLY mis-interpreted the banks reasons for their actions...hard to believe people can be so stupid.