Complaint Review: ARS Rescue Rooter

• Updated: Sat, September 14, 2013

• Reported By: Disgusted — Austin Texas
ARS Rescue Rooter
2306 Howard Lane Austin, Select State/Province USA

ARS Rescue Rooter Raymond Smith ARS is a Ripoff. I called them in April to come out and look at my air conditioner, when they got here they say it needed Freon, Ray Smith was the technician. So this is the way the conversation went, "well you really need a new air conditioner," says Ray. I say I cant do that right now, and he comes back to me with, well we are not suppose to put Freon in these anymore. So I finally got him to put the freon in the unit and he charged be 280.00.  Austin Texas

These guys are overpriced and a total Ripoff. Do not trust them. Austin Texas ARS Rescue Rooter Raymond Smith ARS is a Ripoff. I called them in April to come out and look at my air conditioner, when they got here they say it needed Freon, Ray Smith was the technician. So this is the way the conversation went, "well you really need a new air conditioner," says Ray. I say I cant do that right now, and he comes back to me with, well we are not suppose to put Freon in these anymore. So I finally got him to put the freon in the unit and he charged be 280.00. After this I agree to get the maintenance agreement with them for 14.00 a month which by the way they charge a month ahead of time. Now it is September time for my tuneup. This time when he come he says I remember you, I say yes. He goes to the unit and I am guessing because of a power outage the night before my unit is not working.

Now he has not check the breaker box or the fuses he automatically says it need a new capacitor. OK I am not an air conditioner man so he says the capacitor cost 260.00 to put on, but you do need a new unit. So I again explain my situation and he says the cheapest unit is 7500.00. Now he put the part on there and the next day which is today my unit is freezing up again so I called them again. She ask if I want someone to come out and put more Freon in the unit for another 280.00. I am calling someone else because when he came to tune up my unit he took my filter out and looked at it and put it right back in. These guys over over charge because a capacitor the one I had on there is 32.00 per the internet and he put one on there that so he says is 260.00. The story he gave me was where it is made makes a difference, so he says the capacitor he put on was made in america, right.

Never giving me a breakdown for the capacitor or the labor. These guys are overpriced and a total Ripoff. Do not trust them. Austin Texas ARS Rescue Rooter Raymond Smith ARS is a Ripoff. I called them in April to come out and look at my air conditioner, when they got here they say it needed Freon, Ray Smith was the technician. So this is the way the conversation went, "well you really need a new air conditioner," says Ray. I say I cant do that right now, and he comes back to me with, well we are not suppose to put Freon in these anymore. So I finally got him to put the freon in the unit and he charged be 280.00. After this I agree to get the maintenance agreement with them for 14.00 a month which by the way they charge a month ahead of time. Now it is September time for my tuneup. This time when he come he says I remember you, I say yes. He goes to the unit and I am guessing because of a power outage my unit is not working. Now he has not check the breaker box or the fuses he automatically says it need a new capacitor.

OK I am not an air conditioner man so he says the capacitor cost 260.00 to put on, but you do need a new unit. So I again explain my situation and he says the cheapest unit is 7500.00. Now he put the part on there and the next day which is today my unit is freezing up again so I called them again. She ask if I want someone to come out and put more Freon in the unit for another 280.00. I am calling someone else because when he came to tune up my unit he took my filter out and looked at it and put it right back in. These guys over over charge because a capacitor the one I had on there is 32.00 per the internet and he put one on there that so he says is 260.00. The story he gave me was where it is made makes a difference, so he says the capacitor he put on was made in america, right. Never giving me a breakdown for the capacitor or the labor. These guys are overpriced and a total Ripoff. Do not trust them.    Austin Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/14/2013 08:19 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ARS-Rescue-Rooter/Austin-Select-StateProvince-78728/ARS-Rescue-Rooter-Raymond-Smith-ARS-is-a-Ripoff-I-called-them-in-April-to-come-out-and-l-1084456. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ARS Rescue Rooter