Complaint Review: ARS-Rescue Rooter

ARS-Rescue Rooter
16723 Dale Oak Way Houston, Texas United States of America

ARS-Rescue Rooter ARS tried to rip me off! Houston, Texas

*UPDATE Employee: ARS Rescue Rooter

On 4/5/2012 ARS came out to my house to give me an estimate on repairing a leak in an "elbow" leading out of the meter box in the front yard.  "George" told me that all of the pipe, from the meter, under the driveway, across my yard, and into the house needed to be replaced and that would be $3400!   I asked him about just repairing the "elbow" and he said No that his Manager wouldn't let him do that because they couldn't guarantee the "fix".

Then he said he could probably do the job for $2800 if his Manager would approve.  I told him I would have to think about this and drove back to work.  On my drive back George called and told me his Manager approved doing the job for $2800.  I then demanded he tell me how much it would cost to just repair the elbow and he $700!

When I got back to work I told an Engineer around here at Boeing what ARS said and he told me that was WAY too much and I only needed the Elbow replaced.  He gave me the name of a long time Plumbing company in Dickinson and they came out that afternoon.  They removed the elbow and placed it with $9.70 of plastic pipe and charged me $138.00!!!!!!!   I then asked him what they would charge to run the pipe from the meter to the house (under the driveway) and he said around $700!!!

Total Rip Off Artists these guys are!!  So Buyer beware!!!  BTW, I called and tried to get ARS to refund my $75.00 and they said no way!!   I am telling everyone I know about this!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/09/2012 10:14 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ARS-Rescue-Rooter/Houston-Texas-77058/ARS-Rescue-Rooter-ARS-tried-to-rip-me-off-Houston-Texas-865901. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ARS-Rescue Rooter

ARS Rescue Rooter

AUTHOR: ARS Rescue Rooter - (United States of America)

ARS is the premier provider of heating, air conditioning, indoor air quality, plumbing, drain cleaning, and sewer line services to homes and businesses.  While current marketplace trends determine our pricing structure to continue providing exceptional service, please contact us at (866) 803-0879 to discuss your specific situation.