Complaint Review: ARTISAN DIRECT LTD

• Submitted: Wed, February 05, 2014
  • Updated: Wed, February 05, 2014

• Reported By: DCoker — LEESBURG Alabama
565 Blossom Rd. Ste. L Rochester, New York USA

ARTISAN DIRECT LTD aka: artisanworks1 Used my debit card and took $999.00 from my account as ARTONSALEOCTNOV on 10/25/13 Rochester New York

On October 25, 2013 a $999.00 debit was deducted from my checking account called ARTONSALEOCTNOV in error.  I immediately notified my bank on the next business day.  We filed an affidavit attesting to the fact that I had not made any such purchase. My bank first put the money back in my account and then did an investigation which provided me with some information and then they took the money back so I have been ripped off for $999.00.  I began my own investigation and spoke with a Cheryl Halperyn at Artisan Direct, LTD.  She was very coopertive and explained that Artisan Direct and Artisan Works are different companies there in Rochester, NY.  Their company would never have anything for that amount because they help artist get their art exposed by showing their art in different venue's and charge them with a member fee that would never end in 99.00.  She also said that their computer got hacked into the same week that my debit card was used and she had some computer deposits that were tampered with and she would help me by talking to anybody I needed her to get my money back. This was paid through my paypal account  and they also let it go through.  Who ever is doing this is very slick so be careful with your information.  I live in Alabama and they used my card in Rochester, NY.  I am going to the police tommorrow and filing a report and back to my bank afterwards.  My money may be gone but maybe this will help someone else in the future to let the bank and paypal realize that this is a "Ripoff Artist"!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/05/2014 03:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ARTISAN-DIRECT-LTD/Rochester-New-York-14610/ARTISAN-DIRECT-LTD-aka-artisanworks1-Used-my-debit-card-and-took-99900-from-my-account-1121216. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ARTISAN DIRECT LTD