Complaint Review: ASAP Movers

• Updated: Thu, May 15, 2014

• Reported By: Veronica — Golden Colorado
ASAP Movers
6711 Birch St Commerce City, Colorado USA

ASAP Movers demanded 30% increase or steal property. Req Sheriff to resolve. 30% EXTORTION. JEFFCO SHERIFF Dispatched. INTIMIDATION. Filed BBB CASE#: 75220001 Commerce City Colorado

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Our Response

30% Extortion.
Jeffco Sheriff Dispatched.
Intimidation and Verbal Abuse.
Filed BBB CASE#: 75220001

John of ASAP movers promised that a 5-piece bedroom furniture set move from Lowry area to Golden would not exceed $300.
*And would arrive at 6pm. We called at 2pm.

With no notice, they cancelled at 6pm, saying that afternoon schedulings are not guaranteed!

We had to reserve with a $50 credit card deposit and made the appointment only four hours prior to their commitment. Really?

We turned down two other quotes for $300 because they agreed to schedule same-day.

Rescheduling for the next morning, they arrived demanding literally 30% more than the confirmed quote from John!

$90 x 4 hours = $360 (John promised 3 hours)
$79 trip charge = $439
10% credit card charge = 43.90 (we weren't told)
TOTAL $482.90!!

Lead Driver Anthony said:
If we call John we'll also have to pay for their waiting time. [continued below]....

.....
The police can't do anything because it's a civil case. They know because *THIS HAPPENS ALL THE TIME TO THEM*
They tried to leave with our property and we blocked them with our car.

Bryan offered $350 compromise and Angela's exact words were "We don't negotiate with customers."

Rather than talk to John, Bryan was transferred to a man who started using the F word to intimate and literally stating we must pay what they dictate to get our property.

Sheriff's arrival resolved the issue.
Police informed us it's not true they can keep our furniture, they can sue but not hold our property hostage.
*They must unload on on the driveway.
Police expressed surprise at near $500 charge to move 5 furniture items.

With Police arrival they unloaded furniture from the truck onto the driveway - but kept our $50 deposit and ran our card for $300 which means they overcharged us by $50.
They didn't unload our furniture hardware so we couldn't assemble it.

Fortunately we can get replacement hardware. We can contest the overcharge on our credit card.
We live on a cul-de-sac to block their truck or we would be facing court to get our property.

*Check reviews (they already have a Yelp review involving the Aurora police)
*Most people would rather be bullied into overpaying than risk their stuff being driven away.

We're in the military. I know how to move, what is a reasonable cost, and my rights (which ASAP Movers directly lied about).

I wish for no one to experience how ASAP Movers treated us.

Pictures of hubby with police necessitating our property placed on driveway in Yelp and Google, and why is their truck under a different company name?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/04/2014 05:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ASAP-Movers/Commerce-City-Colorado-80022/ASAP-Movers-demanded-30-increase-or-steal-property-Req-Sheriff-to-resolve-30-EXTORTIO-1144037. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ASAP Movers

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Our Response

AUTHOR: ASAPMOVERS - ()

On 5-3-14 Brian C. requested last minute movers at appx. 1 pm according to our call logs. We booked and reserved him for a last minute appointment which was to start tentatively at 6 pm per our conversation. At 5 pm Brian’s movers contacted him to inform him that they were running behind and would not be able to make it to his appointment until approx. 8 pm. The customer stated that this appointment time was to late for him and became irate with John, the representative whom he was speaking to. John again explained that the last minute spot that Brian had reserved was tentative and would arrive as soon as the afternoon jobs which were booked in advance were completed. I offered to reschedule the appointment at no charge for Brian for the following morning at 9 am. I explained that this time spot was guaranteed for an arrival time of 9:00-9:30. Brian agreed. The following morning the movers arrived at Brian’s location and began his move at 9:00 am. ASAP Movers charges an addition fee for usig a credit card which was also explained to Brian during reservation and agreed to by acquiring his signature on his moving services contract. Shortly after the move began, I received a call from Brian stating that he was not informed of this additional fee. Though this information was stated, per the conversation with Brian, I waived the fee in order to retain customer satisfaction. At about 12:00 pm my movers were settling the customers bill prior to unload. I again received a call from Brian stating that the move was estimated to cost $300. I informed him this was not the case,  he had agreed to our hourly rate during the reservation process and had also signed and agreed to two separate contracts with a 3 hour estimate for our services. $89 per hour x 3 hours + $79 dispatch fee =$346. Brian was upset because the move had gone well into a 4th hour which was supposed to cost an additional $89. He stated that he was not going to pay, and tried to bring me to an agreement for $350. At this point I stated that I did not bargain with my customers and we had a signed agreement between our two parties. He promptly shouted “so it’s your way or the highway” before hanging up on. I received a call from my movers moments later stating that Brian was making threats to call the police department and had parked his vehicle behind the moving truck. I called the local police department in the area and had them dispatch to the location in order to calm the situation, much to the dissapointment of Brian. After the police left the scene, I received another call from my movers who were becoming very upset after dealing with the customer. They stated he didn’t have the money, would not give them the money, and they did not know what to do. In order to once again calm the situation for my movers, I told the movers to collect $300 on the credit card, totaling $350 with the initial reservation deposit which was appied to the bill for the entire move and write on the contract that I was applying an additional discount due to the fact that the customer refused to pay. This customer later posted on the Better business bureau website or yelp.com that we had not came to an agreement for $350, but $300. We are currently in contact with this customer through that website.

YOU STATED

*Get quotes in writing (estimates should resemble the reality of the confirmed quote)” in this Better Business Bureau complaint.

YOU SIGNED TWO AND RECEIVED AN EMAIL CONFIRMING RATES PRIOR TO OUR DISPATCH

*Check reviews (they already have a Yelp review involving the Aurora police)

PLEASE CONTACT THEM  REGARDING THIS INFORMATION. YOU WILL FIND THAT THE COMPLAINT WAS BOTH UNFOUNDED AND NOT PURSUED. ASAP MOVERS HAS NEVER BEEN CONTACTED BY THE AURORA POLICE DEPARTMENT REGARDING ANY MATTER.

LEGALLY, WE HAVE EVERY RIGHT TO RETAIN YOUR BELONGINGS IF YOU DO NOT MAKE PAYMENT UPON COMPLETION OF YOUR MOVE AS AGREED TO IN WRITING. YOU SIGNED A CONTRACT STATING YOU KNOWINGLY AGREED TO THIS.

WHO WAS DOING THE INTIMIDATING? YOUR HUSBAND MADE MULTIPLE VERBAL THREATS TO MYSELF, JOHN, AND YOUR TWO MOVERS. HE ALSO PARKED BEHIND OUR MOVING TRUCK IN ORDER TO KEEP US FROM LEAVING THE SCENE TO AVOID A VERBAL ALTERCATION. ALSO, BOTH COMPANIES NAMES ARE LEGALLY OWNED AND OPERATED. WE USED THIS TRUCK TO ASSIST US YOUR LAST MINUTE MOVE REQUEST!

Angela Teague
HHG-00254
HHG-00361
USDOT 1826960

_____________________________________________
 PLEASE CONTACT OUR COMPANY DIRECTLY IF YOU ARE IN NEED OF A MOVING QUOTE. YOU WILL FIND THAT WE CHARGE HOURLY, AND DO NOT CHARGE FLAT RATE FOR OUR MOVES. WE WILL PROVIDE YOU A WRITTEN ESTIMATE BY EMAIL PRIOR TO OUR DISPATCH WHICH WILL CLEALY LAY OUT OUR HOURLY RATE AND ONE TIME DISPATCH FEE. WE TAKE GREAT PRIDE IN OUR 100% NO HIDDEN FEE GUARANTEE. WE TRIED VERY HARD TO WORK WITH THIS CUSTOMER, BUT WE FEEL THAT THERE WAS A MISCOMMUNICATION BETWEEN THE CLIENT AND HER HUSBAND, WHO RESERVED THE MOVING APPOINTMENT INITIALLY. THANK YOU FOR READING.