Complaint Review: ASC (Alternative Service Concepts)

• Submitted: Sat, September 08, 2012
  • Updated: Sat, September 08, 2012

• Reported By: Outraged — Las Vegas Nevada United States of America
ASC (Alternative Service Concepts)
1755 E Plumb Lane, Suite #148, Internet United States of America

ASC (Alternative Service Concepts) Refused to pay damages to my home and property from broken 132 year old water line owned by their insured client. Internet

I own a residence on Duck Hill North of Carson City, NV. A historical 132 year old waterline runs behind my property. This waterline ruptured in April 2011. Massive amounts of water spewed over 300 feet in the air, coming down on my property, flooding my home and washing out vast amounts of my property and landscaping.

This line is owned by Storey County and while making the repairs to the water line we were told that they would take care of "Everything". After the claim went to their insurance carrier (ASC) all communication between the County officials ceased.

We were told by Jasmine Sanchez that she had to do an investigation to determine the cause of this 132 year old waterline, and that might take a month!  Four month later we got a letter telling us that Storey County was un aware of any problems with this 132 year old waterline that was laid by the chinese by hand in the 1870's and that because of their lack of knowledge, they could not be held responsible for damages.

Management officials at Storey County also went along with this.

The only hickup in this farse is that the State of Nevada Board for Financing Water Projects has provided grants to replace portions of the waterline for health and safety concerns to the amount of $2,192,925. Another grant was approved in 2001 in the amount of $1,503,095.95 to replace portions of the line.

There have been 4 total waterline failures on Duck Hill RD that I am aware of and other property owners will attest to. State and County workers repairing my last rupture, told me they had been involved in repairing the other line failures on Duck Hill and yet ASC says Storey Countey is not aware of any other failures on Duck Hill. Their lies are so outrageous in leu of all this public information I can't even believe it.

When I contacted the NV Insurance Division they concluded that ASC was a third party insurer not under their jurisdiction and could not help me. A pawn of the big insurance companies. I am so disgusted and need some help. They know you cant afford to fight their high rolling attorneys. This is not right and we get no help. I had called Attorney General, not their thing call Division of Ins, can't help you, called Harry Ried, call Division of Insu, called Gov Sandavol, call Division of Insurance. Everyone is on the take.

Please help, I don't know what else to do but will not stop until I get justice if there is such a thing!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/08/2012 01:26 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ASC-Alternative-Service-Concepts/internet/ASC-Alternative-Service-Concepts-Refused-to-pay-damages-to-my-home-and-property-from-br-938291. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ASC (Alternative Service Concepts)