Complaint Review: ASC American Servicing Company

• Submitted: Sun, August 03, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, October 02, 2008

• Reported By:Sopchoppy Florida
ASC American Servicing Company
3476 Stateview Blvd Fort Mill, South Carolina U.S.A.

ASC American Servicing Company Not Willing To Help. ASC made a mistake and is making me pay for it. Now I face Foreclosure. Fort Mill South Carolina

*Consumer Suggestion: ASC Solution

I am one of the many homeowners that got caught up in the mortgage situation. I had to move from NY to Fl and, being unable to sell the house, ended up renting it. After falling behind in payments, a payment plan was issued by ASC. I was to send a considerable amount of money by July 26. I sent half of the money on the 25th, and the remaining balance on the 26 via Western Union.

When ASC received the first payment one day earlier, they automatically cancelled the payment plan thinking that I had sent less money that what had been agreed. I called them and told them that I had proof that the whole amount had been paid by the due date. ASC agent told me that Western Union had sent the payments late, but to send confirmation of the payments. I went home to get the papers and called ASC again. This time I was told; by a different agent, that the reason the agreement was cancelled was due to me not sending the whole payment at once. I responded that there is no policy that says that the whole payment has to be done at once. Many people facing financial problems go to family and friends for help. Some people send money at different times. The point is that, the money had reached ASC by the due date. I asked to be transferred to a higher level supervisor. The agent reluctantly agreed to transfer me. All I got was a voice mail. I left a message explaining my situation. I received a call back the next day. I was told by the supervisor that Western Union had sent the payments late and that I would have to pay the consequences. I contacted Western Union and, just as I had suspected, the first payment was received by ASC minutes later after I sent it.

The second payment was received a few hours later on the due date, but ASC thought that I had sent an incomplete payment. I understand that these things happen. The problem is that ASC is refusing to accept responsibility and now I face a foreclosure on my house.

I cannot believe that while many homeowners are walking out on their houses, I am trying to salvage my house borrowing money that I dont have and ASC is not willing to help and be reasonable. All they do is set up outrageous payment plans that no one can afford.

Charles
Sopchoppy, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/03/2008 05:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ASC-American-Servicing-Company/Fort-Mill-South-Carolina-29715/ASC-American-Servicing-Company-Not-Willing-To-Help-ASC-made-a-mistake-and-is-making-me-pa-358772. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ASC American Servicing Company