Complaint Review: ASC

• Submitted: Wed, October 31, 2007
  • Updated: Mon, November 05, 2007

• Reported By:Southfield Michigan
18318 New Jersey Drive Southfield, Michigan U.S.A.
  • Phone: 248-755-6180
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

ASC - America Servicing Company Escrow Account Scam Southfield Michigan

*Author of original report: WOW!!! Is this the best advise U can offer! When I know for a Fact I can probably BUY U

*Consumer Comment: Mortgage 101

I've read a number reports regarding Wells Fargo d.b.a. american servicing company. I have been ripped off a number of times by this mortgage company. My insurance lapse by one day due to the fact my insurance company does not give investment properties a grace period of an hour if late. Wells Fargo - ASC received a report that I did not have insurance. I faxed the document and as usual they did not receive. They applied their insurance even after I proved I had insurance and they never reimbursed my $268 dollars.

In regards to the the Escrow account. I pay my investment property taxes every year with my income tax which I file in February. Wells Fargo was so kind to set up an Escrow account for my taxes. Even after paying in full they consistently taken my money and I have not received a detail report of where my funds are being allocated. I refuse to allow them to snatch my house on a technicality so I continue to pay a $982 house note that originally started out at $561.00.

I wish someone would look into them at least scare them enough with a class action lawsuit to prevent them from taking advantage of everyday citizens. As hard as times are these companies continue to use the system and use good law abiding citizens. It's sad.

Southfield, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/31/2007 05:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ASC/Southfield-Michigan-48075/ASC-America-Servicing-Company-Escrow-Account-Scam-Southfield-Michigan-282200. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ASC

AUTHOR: Angela Michigan - (U.S.A.)

As I stated my insurance, due to postal reason unknown, did not make it until one day later. I have no idea how they found that my insurance lapse less than twelve hours, nevertherless they did. I inturn had my insurance company fax me the certificate which I received a confirmation page. I realized they did not receive after they applied their additional insurance to my payment.

At that time I called and confirmed the fax confirmation and they took it away after taking my $268.00. Never refunding it.

So if you want to offer constructive advice feel free but when your in the position to point fingers for human errors that deserve a valid response, please don't waste your time or mine.
Again I can buy you, I gaurantee Mr./Mrs. you are no where close to my financial position in life. BUT it's good to hear from a flunky it's expected.

You don't have half of what I have and when paying well over $12,000 in bills a month-things happen.

Mortgage 101

AUTHOR: Jamiemichelle - (U.S.A.)

sounds as if you need Mortgage 101 schooling
this is your loan take responsibility for it! it was your business to make sure you stayed on top of your insurance and to make sure you always had it. what if your car insurance lapsed for one day and on that day you were in an accident do you think your car company insurance company would care and guess who would be responsibe YOU! so grow up and take better care of your mortgage no one is taking advantage of you!