Complaint Review: ASCENTIVE

• Submitted: Thu, September 18, 2003
  • Updated: Tue, October 14, 2003

• Reported By:Missoula Montana
ASCENTIVE
201 Spring Garden Street Philadelphia, Pennsylvania U.S.A.

ASCENTIVE, WebRocket, WinRocket, Speedpak programs don't work, no phone customer service, no refunds, cancellation impossible Philadelphia Pennsylvania

*UPDATE Employee: Customer was refunded their money, as per our refund policy

I just purchased online software (speedpak $49.95) from this company yesterday!! I tried the programs (webrocket and winrocket)and they acted like they had optimized my system but after rebooting my computer neither my internet or computer performed any faster than before.

So I tried contacting the company, but the company had no phone number to reach them by and just to send an email was a wild goose chase. I had to give reference numbers and all personal information again. Even after sending an email, all I got was an automated response.

Today I finally received information on how to cancel my services and get my money back (since the services promised a 30 day money back guarantee), but when I followed the link to fill out the cancellation form, the form said "NOT for Speedpak, Webrocket, or Winrocket cancellation".

Why would they not have a cancellation form for these products when they claim that they are the most popular and effective services available?? Probably cause they don't work at all and are only scamming innocent customers. I will continue emailing this company and may also contact their mailing address, but am afraid that nothing will come of it except another automated response.

No one should be interested in these FRAUDULENT products and the so called "satisfied customers" are probably nothing more that a figment of Ascentive's imagination.

Carol
Missoula, Montana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/18/2003 09:05 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ASCENTIVE/Philadelphia-Pennsylvania-19123/ASCENTIVE-WebRocket-WinRocket-Speedpak-programs-dont-work-no-phone-customer-service-67157. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ASCENTIVE

Customer was refunded their money, as per our refund policy

AUTHOR: Sam - (U.S.A.)

Hello,

I have checked on this customer's account and have found that she had ordered our softare package, SpeedPak, which does not have a free trial, but has a 30 day, money back refund period.

We have that in place for just such a case. If a customer is having a problem, then we cannot take their money.

The customer in question has been refunded on September 23rd, 2003 for the full amount.