Complaint Review: ASF International - KnuckleUp

• Submitted: Mon, April 28, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, August 07, 2008

• Reported By:Kitty Hawk North Carolina
ASF International - KnuckleUp
640 Plaza Drive, Suite 300 Highlands Ranch, Colorado U.S.A.

ASF International - KnuckleUp ASF Deception & Financial Scam Highlands Ranch Colorado

*UPDATE Employee: Read the Contract before signing.

I signed up with KnuckleUp in Kitty Hawk, NC in October, 2007. I worked out for a couple of months until I got hurt at the gym and found out that I had a rotator cuff tear. I called KnuckleUp in Georgia to find out that they had switched their billing to ASF and I had to call them.

I called ASF in Colorado to find out what I needed to do to cancel my policy. They let me know that I needed a doctor's note that stated that I had an injury that keeps me from participating.

I sent in my doctors note and received a letter from ASF stating to me that my doctors note needs to state specifically that I have a Permanent Injury/Disability that will exceed my contract. My doctor wrote another letter stating that my disabilities are chronic and will last for years and suggest that I not participate in any activity that will cause more harm to my injury, but ASF continues to ignore the letters.

I can't believe they actually can ignore a doctors note and expect an exact wording of their contract in a letter. I am paying KnuckleUp in Kitty Hawk, North Carolina $59/month for the past four months for nothing. They say that they can't do anything about ASF. What a RIPOFF!

TS
Kitty Hawk, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/28/2008 10:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ASF-International-KnuckleUp/Highlands-Ranch-Colorado-80129-2399/ASF-International-KnuckleUp-ASF-Deception-Financial-Scam-Highlands-Ranch-Colorado-329416. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ASF International - KnuckleUp

Read the Contract before signing.

AUTHOR: Chris - (U.S.A.)

Unfortunately, as in 90% of Ripoff reports, this individual did not note their full name. That creates a huge disadvantage for us when responding to these types of complaints. However, I can tell you that the Knuckle Up Fitness contracts do state that a member has to become "permanently disabled" to be eligible to cancel their membership. Proof of permanent disability is required. ASF International simply enforces the terms and conditions of the agreements that members sign and agree to. Word to the wise, read your contract thoroughly and understand it before signing it. Once you have singed a contract you are obligated to follow the terms and conditions of it.

Chris Peterson