Complaint Review: ASF International

• Submitted: Thu, September 25, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, November 12, 2008

• Reported By:Birmingham Alabama
ASF International
640 Plaza Drive, Suite 300 Highlands Ranch, Colorado U.S.A.

ASF International Beware of ASF International contracts! Highlands Ranch Colorado

*UPDATE Employee: Read Contract

Please beware of signing a contract managed by ASF International! I joined SportPlex gym in Birmingham, AL and did not know they outsourced their contracts to ASF International.

My contract was for a year, and after a year I tried to cancel the contract. A SportPlex employee informed me that ASF International handled their contracts, and I'd have to contact them to cancel it. When I called ASF I was told that they renewed my contract, even though I had not authorized them to. It was renewed automatically for another year.

I've tried to cancel my contract. I've called numorous times. I sent in the proper paperwork, but was not contacted within 10 business days like they said I would be. I called again and was told that I did not meet the distance criteria to cancel my contract. Even though I now live on the other side of town, they won't cancel it.

I reported ASF International to the BBB and I've sent a complaint to SportPlex. There seem to be a lot of complaints about ASF, but I have a feeling they get away with this often. I also called my credit card company and they said they could not refuse charges from ASF.

I've told everyone I know not to join that gym, or any gym who uses ASF International for their contracts.

Lauren
Birmingham, Alabama

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/25/2008 10:23 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ASF-International/Highlands-Ranch-Colorado-80129/ASF-International-Beware-of-ASF-International-contracts-Highlands-Ranch-Colorado-375933. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ASF International

Read Contract

AUTHOR: Chris - (U.S.A.)

Sporplex membership agreements are very clear regarding their automatic renewals. We didn't just arbitrarily renew this member's membership. It is clearly stated in the agreement he signed and there were very specific steps he needed to take to make sure it didn't renew. I would suggest this individual re-read their agreement.

Chris Peterson