Complaint Review: ASF International

• Updated: Tue, May 18, 2010

• Reported By: Kristin — United States of America
ASF International
640 Plaza Drive, Suite 300 Highlands Ranch, Colorado United States of America

ASF International Refused to Cancel After Stating TWICE That They Would Highlands Ranch, Colorado

I should have known when the ladies at the front desk of my gym looked at me with pity in their eyes when I told them I wanted to cancel that I would have a hard time, but for some reason I thought it would be fairly simple.

I called ASF International before I moved to see what the cancellation process was. They told me that I wouldn't have any problems at all since I was moving out of their area, that I just needed to fill out a form, and they would send me a confirmation letter shortly thereafter. So I did.

However instead of a letter confirming that my contract was canceled, the letter stated that I should instead go to a gym that was an hour away from my house. Not acceptable. I called back to see what was up. I spoke to a man who told me it was a mistake, that he would talk to the cancellation department, and that I would get a confirmation within five business days.

Five business days later, I had heard nothing, so I called back. I spoke with another man who told me that the cancellation request couldn't be processed because I didn't send in the right paperwork. I told him that I had the documents he was looking for and that I'd be happy to fax them in. There was a slight hesitation before he told me that it actually didn't matter because they weren't going to cancel anyway. I tried getting more information out of him before I realized it was useless, so I asked to speak to a supervisor. Instead of just transferring me, he got hostile and yelled, "You want to talk to someone else? YOU WANT TO TALK TO SOMEONE ELSE?? FINE, HERE YOU GO!"

Kind of unnecessary in my opinion. The person he transferred me to, whom I'm assuming was not his supervisor, was even worse to deal with that he was. I explained that it was not possible for me to go to the gym that they'd decided I needed to go to. She told me that she didn't care about my circumstances or how long it would take me to get there; I had to pay until my contract was up.

I asked if I could transfer my contract to an existing member (hoping that some of my friends where I used to live could at least benefit from my contract), and she told me that she had no idea what my contract said, that she didn't have a copy of it. When I asked how she could quote other parts of my contract when she didn't have a copy of it, she told me she would mail me a copy so I could read through it and figure it out myself. It should take 7-10 business days to arrive.

It's been over a month, and there's no sign of the contract she promised to mail to me. I'm sure it would be easier to fly across the country and go through all the boxes I have in storage to find my contract than it would be to rely on anything from this company.

Fell free to check out the BBB rating of F:
   * 625 complaints filed against business
   * Failure to respond to 187 complaints filed against business.
   * 5 complaints filed against business that were not resolved.
   * Overall complaint history with BBB.
   * Business has failed to resolve underlying cause(s) of a pattern of complaints.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/18/2010 10:49 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ASF-International/Highlands-Ranch-Colorado-80129/ASF-International-Refused-to-Cancel-After-Stating-TWICE-That-They-Would-Highlands-Ranch-604460. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ASF International