• Report: #319427

• Submitted: Wed, March 19, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, April 16, 2008

• Reported By:Fernandina Beach Florida
ASF International
640 Plaza Dr # 300 Highlands Ranch, Colorado U.S.A.

ASF International shakedown technique exposed Highlands Ranch Colorado

*UPDATE Employee: Unfortunate Circumstances

I had not heard of this company nor had they ever contacted me informing me that I was to notify them upon cancellation of my contract with a local health club until after I had legitimately canceled my contract as per the terms of my contract agreement with my health club.

My contract said to notify the health club of my intention not to renew my contract, which I did in the proper format of a written letter.

I first heard of ASF when they sent me a bill for $41.73 plus $29.00 for late fees one month after the contract was canceled.

I notified ASF in writing, telephone message and fax that they were not mentioned on my contract, had never notified me of my need to contact them to cancel, or that I had any obligation to contact them at any time.

They have ignored my requests to produce some documentation that they notified me of this requirement to contact them when canceling my contract, and have continued to bill me consecutive months for late fees and monthly dues.

They have ignored my request to cease and desist. They have ignored my request to stop contacting me and they have threatened to ruin my credit and turn me over to a collection agency, I assume, after they have run up sufficient charges.

They have asked me to produce a written receipt of a letter of cancellation, which again, is not in the contract that I have. They produced a copy of the same contract I signed and have verified they are not mentioned anywhere on the contract or that there is a requirement for a written receipt of cancellation.

Scribe
Fernandina Beach, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/19/2008 03:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ASF-International/Highlands-Ranch-Colorado-80129/ASF-International-shakedown-technique-exposed-Highlands-Ranch-Colorado-319427. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ASF International

Unfortunate Circumstances

AUTHOR: Chris - (U.S.A.)

Unfortunately, without knowing who this person is, it is very difficult to comment on the situation regarding specifics. However, I can say that generally the facility the member was attending should notify the member that ASF International handles their cancellation processes as well as the billing portion. It is certainly unfortunate that didn't happen in this case. We can only comply with the terms and conditions of the agreement and process a cancellation once we are notified by the customer of their wishes.

Chris Peterson