Complaint Review: ASF International

• Submitted: Tue, April 22, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, April 29, 2008

• Reported By:Nipomo California
ASF International
640 Plaza Dr. Suite 300 Nipomo, California U.S.A.

ASF International Violation of contract terms Nipomo California

*UPDATE Employee: Both Memberships Are Cancelled

*Author of original report: Address correction

I sign my wife for Nipomo World Gym in mid-January 2008, in hopes their counselors would help my wife regain full strength after her open heart surgery. The counselors did not motivate or guide her. She quickly lost interest. This, in spite of my receiving a promise from the manager that she would phone my wife to encourage her participation.

Shortly afterwords, I entered a contract for myself so I could join my wife. My wife became ill. She has been to the emergency room about a half dozen times in the past three months. She has six medical doctors working on her complaint of pains resembling stroke. These ailments are not gym connected, but they make it impossible for her to visit the gym.

Counseling at the gymn was non existent or poor. As a result, inadvertently I suffered extreme pain and weakness resulting from apparent misuse of the equipment, requiring chiropractic adjustments over more than a month to resolve.

Toward the end of March 2008, I asked gym Manager Luiza Dutra how we could cancel our contract. I knew and agreed it took 30 day notice. Following her instructions, I filed cancelation forms with ASF in Colorado, by mail. The mail went out March 31, 2008. In a letter reply dated April 16, ASF demonstrated the desire of ASF to violate their contract which calls for 30 day notice. The letter stated, "May dues will be withdrawn as scheduled," meaning our Discover card would be charged an EXTRA month past the thirty day notice period.

I phoned Customer Service 800-525-8967. I learned that because our cut off is the second day of the month and my cancelation was not received until April 4, that I would be required to pay $35 on each of the two contracts through the end of May. I responded by saying I have no problem paying for April though we have not used the gym since mid-March. I even agreed to pay for the first two days in May. The very stern "Customer Service" representative made it clear they intend to charge our credit card THROUGH the end of May -- thus causing us to be required to suffer a 58 day cancelation period rather than the thirty days agreed in the contract.

The attitude of the customer service person should be warning to anyone seeking a gym to avoid W**** Gym.

Richard
Nipomo, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/22/2008 11:14 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ASF-International/Nipomo-California-93444/ASF-International-Violation-of-contract-terms-Nipomo-California-328024. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ASF International

Both Memberships Are Cancelled

AUTHOR: Chris - (U.S.A.)

Mr. P's and his wife's World Gym memberships are cancelled and May will not be deducted.

Chris Peterson
Customer Relations Manager

Address correction

AUTHOR: Richardpalmquist - (U.S.A.)

The address for ASF was stated as in Nipomo, California. That is the city where the served vendor is located. ASF is at the following address in Colorado:

640 Plaza Drive Suite 300
Highlands Ranch, Colorado 80129

The phone number on the header is correct for ASF headquarters.