Complaint Review: ASF International

• Updated: Fri, June 22, 2012

• Reported By: Edgar Hoopiiaina — Tucson Arizona United States of America
ASF International
640 Plaza Drive #300 Internet United States of America

ASF International Attempted Extortion of a Senior Citizen & Combat Veterarn t, Internet

Traveling RN, Contracted for 1 year @ the fitness center, 7-05-2011.  Clubs dues auto-deducted from checking account. Mgr guaranteed no problem to cancell if sent on out of state contract; Simply send a written request 60 days in advance & contract cancelled.   In mid December received a contract out of state (1,000 miles away).   Called the fitness center with the news & informed them I would mail the written notice at once. Sent my letter of cancellation on 1-25-2012.  In March money was withdrawn from my checking account.  Called the Center - no problem some kind of error, Mgr Steve says we will take care of it.

April another withdrawal from my checking.  This time was told please send another letter.  Sent another letter, Signature required!  May another charge.  Sent my assistent to the center he hand delivered another letter and the Mgr Steve informed him he needed to talk to ASF International.  Talked to ASF, they wanted a letter signature required, & Informed me that another contract was signed in Arizona by me while I was 1,00 miles away in Kentucky.  They did not care what the contract said about cancellationd & they would take whtever money they wanted.  Sent them & the fitness letters, signature required PLEASE cancell my contract.  ASF continued chargeing thru June 2012.  I sent a request to ASF cancell my Membership per the contract, requested a stop payment from my bank.  & Informed ASF that the membership was stopped in Marh, 2012 7 they had been paid for virtually the whole year.  I closed the account when the bank informed me they were still attempting to withdraw funds.  The have since sent me additional bills claiming all kinds of phoney charges,  In my book they are the Old time "Boiler-room Crooks".  I expect they also have a collection agency on the side & I will hear from them next.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/22/2012 11:38 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ASF-International/internet/ASF-International-Attempted-Extortion-of-a-Senior-Citizen-Combat-Veterarn-t-Internet-901351. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ASF International