Complaint Review: ASPIRE VISA

• Updated: Tue, August 16, 2011

• Reported By: GaryC — Lima Ohio United States of America
ASPIRE VISA
San Diego, California United States of America

ASPIRE VISA Claiming I did not pay them back at all, and after 5 years are suing me for $2,400 ! San Diego, California

I have recently been contacted by a lawfirm claiming they have purchased a delinquent account from Aspire Visa. The man had called the original phone number which at the time was my mothers and still is. She said the caller I.D. said "unknown" which she usually won't answer but for some reason she answered. The man was very rude, told her I was being sued and asked how to get ahold of me. I have always told her to inquire about the matter before giving out my phone number and she told the man she wasn't at liberty to give out my number to just anybody over the phone; just to take a message and I will call back. This man took exception to this and simply hung up on her. She felt she was treated rudely and called the company right back. She talked this time to another man who wouldn't redirect her call so she told him she didn't appreciate being treated so rudely and the answer that man gave her was another hang-up. She called me then and explained what she knew which got me fairly furious. I called the number she gave me and I was connected to a man who claimed to be working for a lawfirm (who knows) and said I was being sued for $2,400 on an original balance of ( I think ) $159 or so. I got a $300 loan abd money taken out, I think $139 and $29 for something.??? Anyway they say I never paid that (starting credit ) money back and now after 5 years I owe $2,400. They asked me for a confirmation number of which I never have received which seemed to baffle him, as if I had been sent any statements in 5 years. It would seem to me I would have received something from ASPIRE however I have not. I actually don't remember receiving any credit card ( internet ) and now I am sued for $2,400 !!!! The man WAS so rude to me I can't believe he can talk the way he did to me. I am on disability and I just know from talking to them they will pursue me forever! I would rather pay it than have those people calling all the time !!! ASPIRE seems to have caused alot of problems with a whole lot of other people as well.
Gary - Lima,Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/16/2011 12:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ASPIRE-VISA/San-Diego-California-/ASPIRE-VISA-Claiming-I-did-not-pay-them-back-at-all-and-after-5-years-are-suing-me-for--765875. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ASPIRE VISA