Complaint Review: ASSET ACCEPTANCE

• Submitted: Thu, March 26, 2009
  • Updated: Sun, May 17, 2009

• Reported By:Boca Raton Florida
ASSET ACCEPTANCE
28405 Van Dyke Ave. Warren, Michigan U.S.A.

ASSET ACCEPTANCE LOOKING FOR MY MOM Warren Michigan

*Consumer Comment: YOUR GOING TO BE JUST FINE OK THEY ARE ON SSA

I Received a phone call this morning at 8 a.m. from a very rude man asking for my mother. He stated her name and I said she wasn't available. He insisted he speak with her. The crazy thing was..he was calling my cell number. I live in another state! When I asked what this was in reference to he declined. I told him I have power of attorney and I take care of many things for her. He said he will need a copy of the power of attorney. When I agreed he said he can't discuss anything with me and in these words said I WILL FIND HER!

I got so upset because he then hung up on me. Immediately I called back the number and spoke with a young woman. Explained what had just happened and wanted to know what this company was all about. She told me that they are debt collectors. Again she said she will not discuss anything with me. Also extremely rude. I wonder how people live with themselves on a day to day basis with such an attitude!

As far as my mom and father goes...they are home bound , wheelchair bound, in their 80's and beginning stages of dementia! Just about 6 months ago my daughter and I have taken over most of their bills. There were times when my mom was late on some of her bills, so we decided to make sure everything in the future gets paid on time. My parents own homes...and many other assets. They were never delinquent on anything!

Fortunately, I searched the internet and found a lot of negative reports on the company. I immediately called my mother and told her NEVER to give anyone your SS# or any information on the phone. I am so grateful to have read all your stories. It calmed me down a bit. Now it will be interesting to see if she receives one of the letters some of you have.

I find it interesting that they had my cell number which I've had for only about a year now. How did that happen? I could have said I was her on the phone but I didn't think that fast and had no clue about who or what was calling. It bothers me to think they are preying on the elderly as well.

Thanks again for all your stories and advice!

Mymf
Boca Raton, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/26/2009 06:51 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ASSET-ACCEPTANCE/Warren-Michigan-48092/ASSET-ACCEPTANCE-LOOKING-FOR-MY-MOM-Warren-Michigan-437800. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ASSET ACCEPTANCE

YOUR GOING TO BE JUST FINE OK THEY ARE ON SSA

AUTHOR: Mark - (U.S.A.)

They are on Social Security. Here is what to do to them

Send a certified return receipt letter to stop all collections. SSD SSA AND DISABILITY is immune from collections and debt collectors.

do a cease and desist letter to stop all collections and calling. ALSO tell them they do not own the account and can not collect on the account and put it in dispute and send a latter to the credit bureau you DISPUTE EVERYTHING

If they call you more than one time you have a right to sue them in small claims court for harassment. You can receive $1,000 for each violation Tell them that. Write the STATE ATTORNEY GENERAL IN THEIR STATE AND THE FTC as to trying to collect on SSA SSD Funds, which is against the law. THESE PEOPLE WILL RUN AFTER THAT

HOWEVER they may sell the file to anyone for a few cents and try again to collect. Just do the same thing over and over to each collector and you will be just fine OK

I tore these people up with just a couple letters AND YOU WILL BE JUST FINE DON'T FRET OK :)

Mark