Complaint Review: ASSETCARE, INC.

• Submitted: Thu, August 14, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, August 14, 2008

• Reported By:Studio City California
ASSETCARE, INC.
5100 Peachtree Industrial Boulevard, Norcross, GA Norcross, Georgia U.S.A.

ASSETCARE, INC. Attempt to collect on a 12 year old debt ! Norcross Georgia

*Consumer Comment: Advise.....

I received a letter from this company and called their telephone number. I was told that they were collecting for AT & T on a long distance phone charge from 1996 ! I told them that I never had AT & T for long distance, was contesting this charge and that the Statute of Limitations ran on anything over 7 years. They told me they would not bother me again, however, they put this on my credit reports ! I have written to the credit bureaus and Attorney General in Georgia and California demanding this be taken off my reports and lodging complaints.

Michele
Studio City, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/14/2008 03:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ASSETCARE-INC/Norcross-Georgia-30071/ASSETCARE-INC-Attempt-to-collect-on-a-12-year-old-debt-Norcross-Georgia-362977. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ASSETCARE, INC.

Advise.....

AUTHOR: John - (U.S.A.)

Send the credit bureaus a letter via Certified Mail + Return Receipt stating:

Per the Fair Credit Reporting Act, I am requesting validation that this alleged debt from 1996 is being reporting within the 7-year time frame as allowed under the Fair Credit Reporting Act
-------------
Send the collection agency a letter via Certified Mail + Return Receipt stating:

Per the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, I am requesting:
- written validation of this alleged debt
- validation that this debt is within the statute of limitations
- Cease all verbal communications with me about this alleged debt.

You have placed negative information on my credit files that is in violation of the Fair Credit Reporting Act. This alleged debt from 1996 is past the 7-year time period allowed to place this info on my credit file.

I am requesting written validation of the original "date of delinquency" per my rights under the Fair Credit Reporting Act as proof that you can legally place this on my credit file. If you cannot provide this proof within 30 days, then take this off my credit files.