Complaint Review: ASSURANCE AMERICA

• Updated: Wed, December 05, 2012

• Reported By: cj — rolla Missouri United States of America
ASSURANCE AMERICA
PO Box 723128 ATLANTA, Georgia United States of America

ASSURANCE AMERICA DON'T USE THIS INSURANCE COMPANY!!! ALL THEY WANT IS YOUR MONEY!!! ATLANTA, Georgia

*Consumer Comment: What does the policy say?

I pay full coverage premium for my son and I and both our vehicles.  My son wrecked his truck and because he was running an "errand" for his employer, Assurrance America is trying to deny the claim. I have been fighthing back and forth with this company and the adjuster who is rude to me,  for almost 3 weeks now.  They did not send someone to look at my son's vehicle they told me "carpart" was going to pick it up and I would know something within 48 hours. 2 weeks go by and they send me a certified letter requesting I call them and give them a recorded statement stating I understand thier right to deny my claim (which of course means if I do so, they can deny it and I can't fight it, because I'm recorded stating I understand ). Nothing has been done the right way with this company.  I am furios and will be taking my business elsewhere, I was told this was a reputable company.  Everyone I know uses thier vehicle to go to and from work and if your employer asks you to run an errand or sends you to a conference or a meeting somewhere, do you tell them no?  Not if you need your job and most of us can't pay bills (ie insurance) if we aren't working!!!! This company is only about getting your money and when you make your payment to them every month for full coverage insurance, you expect them to hold up to thier end of the agreement as well.....this has been a nightmare!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/05/2012 01:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ASSURANCE-AMERICA/ATLANTA-Georgia-31139-0128/ASSURANCE-AMERICA-DONT-USE-THIS-INSURANCE-COMPANY-ALL-THEY-WANT-IS-YOUR-MONEY-ATL-978303. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ASSURANCE AMERICA

What does the policy say?

AUTHOR: Flynrider - (USA)

"  you expect them to hold up to thier end of the agreement as well "

That's exactly the issue.   In this case, the "agreement" is your policy.   Does it cover you or your son while using the vehicle for their employers business?   Most policies from even the big insurers do not.

This claim should be made with the company that insures your son's employer.