Complaint Review: ASTAR HOLIDAYS

• Submitted: Fri, October 30, 2009
  • Updated: Fri, October 30, 2009

• Reported By: Les — Lockyer Waters Other Australia
North Florida Avenue Internet United States of America

ASTAR HOLIDAYS Attempted to sell me a Holiday which i was meant have won,wanted me hand over $998 US.Wanted my credit card details. Internet

I was contacted on the 27/10/2009 by Darryl,stating he was from Astarholidays,Tampa Florida USA.At first he said do you remember going into a on internet,i said im not sure,he said well you did but did not state any dates.Well he said you have won a holiday package to the USA/Cruise to the Bahamas for 3nights/days,passes to Disneyland/Universial Studios,Accomodation&Car Hire.He then went into details about the package,he sounded very convincing until i was asked to hand over my creit card details to pay an extra $998 US.I said to him myself&my partner dont have enough to cover that amount on the credit card,he said can you rectivify that problem.By this time i still would not give him my credit card details,he then put me through to there Travel Agents-ALLSEASONS TRAVEL,Robert.He to asked if we were able to rectivify the credit card i then asked for more time to pay the $998,Robert then put me back to Darryl so i said to him can you ring back on the 05/11/09 & we will see what we can do,he said ok to 10:30pm our time.We are not going to go ahead with the deal as you should not pay anything if you have won it,will let you know how we got on if Darryl or as he said may not be me ringing back.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/30/2009 05:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ASTAR-HOLIDAYS/internet/ASTAR-HOLIDAYS-Attempted-to-sell-me-a-Holiday-which-i-was-meant-have-wonwanted-me-hand-o-517547. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ASTAR HOLIDAYS