stick

• Submitted: Fri, August 18, 2006
  • Updated: Tue, August 22, 2006

• Reported By:San Fernando Other
ASTAR TRAVEL, ASEASONS TRAVEL
3550 BUSHCHWOOD PARK DR.STE.295 Tampa, Florida U.S.A.
  • Phone: 813-676-8900
  • Web:
  • Category: Hotel

ASTAR TRAVEL, ASEASONS TRAVEL told me i won a promotion and have to pay only the US taxes of US$998.00, asked for my credit card # to verify that i was the said person, then with me giving consent they processed payment for US$499.00 thats all my card could have facilitated at the time, please help me recover my money. thanks Ripoff Tampa Florida

*Author of original report: ASTAR TRAVEL

On Tuesday 4th July, around 11.20am, I received a call from a Mr Darwin Scott of Astar Travel, Tel.# 1-800-231-3760, on my cell phone, informing me that I won a promotion for using my Visa/Master Card, this promotion he said entitled me to a 7 days 6 nites stay in Orlando, Florida,he also said that Visa/Master Card finances 80% of the vacation and that I will just have to pay 20% which will be for the US Taxes which amounted to US$998.00, he also said to verify that I was the said person he needed to get my credit card information, so upon request I gave it to him, cause he assured me that this is protected by Visa/Master Card, he also drew reference to the Universal Studios Commercial which Advertises Master Card.

Mr Scott at the point in time processes payment of half the amount which amounted to US$499.00, he informed me that the other part is due upon travel, he then transferred me to a Mr Lenny Patram who he said is in the Security Department of the Company and that he need toalso verify card information, and the package will be mailed out to me within 7 to 21 days.

I called Astar Travel the next day which was the 5th July around 4.45pm and spoke to one M/s Angela Rignola, I asked her if this promotion is legitimate and she also assured me that it was.

On 17th July, 2006, I received package #APC63-998 from Astar Travel showing me a breakdown of my Holiday Vacation. I read their General Trems and Condition adn it said that a purchser can cancel their their purchase by delivering written notice to ASTAR within thirty days after receipt of the vaction package.

I decided to cancel this whole thing so i called ASTAR and spoke to one M/s Jessica Beaty telling her that i wanted to cancel so she said to write a letter and also return the package the them.

I mailed the package to them on the 4th August, 2006 today is 2 weeks, i called ASTAR and spoke to M/s Jessica Beaty asking her if they received the package, and she said no she asked if i sent it by regular mail or registered and i told her regular, she said as soon as they receive it i will be refunded.

This morning i decided to go on google and research ASTAR, and i came up with how they are a big rip off and i started to become concern, hence my reason for writing you.

Kindly assist me in getting back my monies, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanking you and hoping for some help into this matter.

Nadine
San Fernando
Trinidad and Tobago

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/18/2006 09:46 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ASTAR-TRAVEL-ASEASONS-TRAVEL/Tampa-Florida-33618/ASTAR-TRAVEL-ASEASONS-TRAVEL-told-me-i-won-a-promotion-and-have-to-pay-only-the-US-taxes-206745. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ASTAR TRAVEL, ASEASONS TRAVEL

ASTAR TRAVEL

AUTHOR: Nadine - (Trinidad and Tobago)

Astar Travel told me i won a promotion and have to pay only the US Taxes of US998.00, asked for my Credit Card # to verify that i was the said person, they immediately processed payment of US$499.00, had no indication that they were going to take out money right away.