Complaint Review: ASTAR TRAVEL cc

• Submitted: Sat, August 22, 2009
  • Updated: Sat, October 03, 2009

• Reported By: Ryan — Melbourne Other Australia
ASTAR TRAVEL cc
http://www.astartravel.cc/FtLauderdale/tabid/103/Default.aspx Internet United States of America

ASTAR TRAVEL cc The pressure for us to buy meant we had no choice but to give our credit card details Internet

*Author of original report: Success!

* : Banks Can Help

* : Don't Give UP

* : They are very clever

* : An email address, plus I've finally spoken to ASTAR

My partner was pressured at work to purchase a holiday that he was informed he had won.

The sales pitch was great, but the pressure to purchase within a prescribed time was enough for him to 'hand over' his credit card details.  Money has been taken from his credit account.

At this stage nothing has arrived in the post/mail.  After discussing it, we have decided that we do not want the 'free' holiday and we want the money to be returned.

Let's hope we are in luck and that this company does not pressure us or others again.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/22/2009 11:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ASTAR-TRAVEL-cc/internet/ASTAR-TRAVEL-cc-The-pressure-for-us-to-buy-meant-we-had-no-choice-but-to-give-our-credit-484085. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ASTAR TRAVEL cc

Success!

We are successful!

As of my partner's last credit card statement, we have been re-credited the money that was pressured out of us.

All I can say is that disputing the charge, emailing constantly, sending the holiday package back immediately after copying the relevant pages and phoning them and stating clearly that we were very much disinterested in their product we got our money back.

I do not know the time frame it took to re-do all the mess of this, but I do know that it happened eventually.

If you have been 'bitten', then all you have to do is keep on ASTAR's case!

#2

Banks Can Help

AUTHOR: Annette - (Australia)

Ryan, A little bit of news. Our bank has done a charge back on our credit card. So now it is up to Astar to dispute this, so the boot is on the other foot now. Please do not give up, ours has gone on for 3 months. If we can help more please ask.   Annette

#3

Don't Give UP

AUTHOR: Annette - (Australia)

Please do not give up so many people have and that is just what they want. Make a copy of all the information they send you it wiil help. And contact agencies in the States that will help.  Better Business Bureau's Online Complaint System. Division of Consumer Services. Federal Trade Commission and the Florida Attorney General Bill McCollum. Good Luck I hope this helps. Keep a record of everthing, phone calls, postage, emails, times and dates also.

#4

They are very clever

AUTHOR: Ryan - (Australia)

I finally received the so called holiday package.  It was outside of the money back guarantee date.  Clever really!  To combat this, I scanned the envelope and some of the documents and email this to them proving I had it.

I returned it immediately, via registered mail (requesting a receipt confirmation).  I would expect that as I have returned it the least they will do is not charge me for the rest of my 'winning' holiday package.  As I have not authorized any payment and if they do, then I can only presume that they are operating fraudulently.

I phoned ASTAR today (16th September, 2009) and they told me that as I have registered a dispute with my bank I will not receive a return for 90 to 120 days.  Then they had the gaul to say that "they win in these cases".

I am very angry and will continue to bombard them with emails.  The email address they gave me is cs@astar.cc.  I have also received an email from them at cs@astar.us.

Not giving up the fight.

#5

An email address, plus I've finally spoken to ASTAR

AUTHOR: Ryan - (Australia)

My partner has finally spoken to ASTAR!

They said that the tickets were expensive and the amount of money cannot be wasted.  He told them that he will be sending them right back and expecting his money back.

Their email is cs@astar.cc

Try this if you don't have the resources to phone them regularly!