Complaint Review: A.S.T.A..R TRAVEL

• Submitted: Tue, April 08, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, April 08, 2008

• Reported By:WHANGAREI NEW ZEALAND Other
A.S.T.A..R TRAVEL
12421 N.FLORIDA AVE.SUITE 220, TAMPA, Florida U.S.A.

ASTAR TRAVEL A.S.T.A..R TRAVEL After repeated requests to cancel the trip to Florida Package deal ACT-998,and refund the cost of US$998,Still waiting for them to refund TAMPA Florida

I found this Travel Agency on the Internet and made an enquiry as to details of the trip to Florida for 4 people,6 nights at Radisson Hotel, Car hire for 7 days, three days in Daytona at a cost of US$998. A few weeks later they rang me at 6.30 a.m in the morning with a high pressure salesman talking me in to accepting this wonderful cheap trip. I told him I wanted to confer with my wife who was fast asleep, but he persisited for over 3o minutes saying this was a once only offer and that I had had time to talk to my wife and family since my first contact.I gave in after this high pressure- thinking it sounded a very good deal and finally gave him my credit card details.

He then transferred me to another man who confirmed the deal and sent me confirmation. My Customer ID is 8119736 My credit card was processed on 23 March with the sum of $US 998.

I contacted the agency with a set of questions relating to the trip.Their answer was to give me their Phone number to ring them For International people the number to ring was 1-813-676 -8900. I replied saying I wanted written answers to my 9 questions so that I would have a record to refer to. They sent me back the same answer to ring them or to give them my phone number for them to contact me.I replied-Please send answers by e-mail.
I have sent a further message telling them I want to cancel the trip and asking for a refund.

I am concerned after reading reports on this firm,that they are going to keep stalling me but I refuse to give in to these crooks! After reading other rip off reports on your website, it seems that one has to persist until they refund my money.

Your help in this matter is greatly appreciated by this 85 year old World war !! veteran.

Gander
WHANGAREI NEW ZEALAND
New Zealand

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/08/2008 08:29 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ASTAR-TRAVEL/TAMPA-Florida-33612/ASTAR-TRAVEL-ASTAR-TRAVEL-After-repeated-requests-to-cancel-the-trip-to-Florida-Packa-324495. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on A.S.T.A..R TRAVEL