Complaint Review: ASTAR TRAVEL

• Submitted: Tue, February 28, 2006
  • Updated: Tue, February 28, 2006

• Reported By:Coevorden Europe
ASTAR TRAVEL
3550 Buschwood Park.,Ste.295 TAMPA, Florida U.S.A.

ASTAR TRAVEL ripoff, dishonest, billing TAMPA Florida

End of December I was surfing on the WWW and found a telephone number I was forced to call.

Mr. Charles Coleman answers the phone and after 56(!)min. I had reserved a "Passport to Paradise" for 14 days, valid from 12/28/2005 untill 6/28/2007 for the price of $998.00 booked from my CreditCard (Mastercard).

Around 12 January 2006 the tickets were delivered at my home address.

Hereafter I had several e-mail contacts wih Mr.Arnold Herard concerning questions and additional information.

Around 17 January 2006 my wife got the answer of a medical surgeon, with desastrues result!(Breast cancer).

On 19 January 2006 I e-mailed Mr. Arnold Herard for cancellation of my reservation.
His answer was that a cancellation was only possible by a written letter.

On 22 January 2006 I sent a letter by mail with "receipt confirmation"

On 24 January 2006 I sent a e-mail with the written letter as attachement to Mr. A. Herard.

His answer was that it was impossible for him to open an attachement(!) and he should wait for my letter.

On 30 January 2006 I got from my mail-company the confirmation message of delivering the letter.

On 3 February 2006 I sent an e-mail with the confirmation message from my mail-company.

The answer came the same day from Mrs(Mr) Kazene Koop with the same context: no letter received!

My last, urgent, e-mail was 14 February 2006, with untill now
(28 February 2006) no reaction.

My complain is that the "General Terms and Conditions" says in the last sentence: "ASTAR allows a purchaser to cancel their purchase by delivering written notice to ASTAR within thirty days after receipt of the vacation package"

My concern is that ASTAR is trying to deny receipt of my letter before the thirty days are valid

What can you do for me to force ASTAR to accept my cancellation!

Peter
Coevorden
Netherlands

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/28/2006 10:15 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ASTAR-TRAVEL/TAMPA-Florida-33618/ASTAR-TRAVEL-ripoff-dishonest-billing-TAMPA-Florida-178528. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ASTAR TRAVEL