Complaint Review: ASTAR Travel - ASTAR Holidays

• Submitted: Thu, October 18, 2007
  • Updated: Thu, October 18, 2007

• Reported By:Highveld Other
ASTAR Travel - ASTAR Holidays
astarvacations.com Orlando, Florida U.S.A.

ASTAR Travel - ASTAR Holidays Attempt at getting credit card info with a heavily discounted holiday story Orlando Florida

I had a very similar experience to many of the other Ripoff complainants about ASTAR.A guy who calls himself Jason called me in South Africa where I live, telling me I had won a trip to Disneyworld and the Bahamas for 4 people at an 85% discount and a total cost of only USD 998.I'd have to pay for certain extras, and will I be able to pay using a credit card? I said yes, VISA or MASTER.

He finally out me through to his "credit controller", a woman, who wants my credit card details which I refuse to tell her. She assures me that VISA and MATER have a direct line to ASTAR and it is completely safe.
So, I put the phone down realising it is a scam of some sort.

Tonight, the woman calls again, wanting to speak to my wife!!! I recognised her voice, asked her what its about and she starts with the same sob story!! So, I told her that she is fraudulently trying to extraxct my credit card info and I will get Interpol onto her, which she denies but she then cuts the connection. Can the US police not do something to stop this blatant fraud?

Leen
Highveld
South Africa

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/18/2007 09:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ASTAR-Travel-ASTAR-Holidays/Orlando-Florida/ASTAR-Travel-ASTAR-Holidays-Attempt-at-getting-credit-card-info-with-a-heavily-discounte-279493. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ASTAR Travel - ASTAR Holidays