Complaint Review: ASTAR Travel

• Updated: Sun, January 14, 2007

• Reported By:Vancouver British Columbia
ASTAR Travel
Toronto, Ontario, Canada Canada

ASTAR Travel told me I WON a trip to Florida, but then I was to send them money for it! Toronto Area Code Ontario Canada

Amazing, my gf and I were at the Night Market during the summer, yesterday I get this call on my cell telling me I won a vacation.

They called themselves "ASTAR" travel agency. This is what I supposedly won: an 11-day Florida Cruise for two, $2500.00 cash, car rental for 7 days while in Florida, and then - a trip to the Bahamas! Then if we wanted to bring anyone else along, they could come with us for FREE. Imagine that!

I questioned them, all I needed to give her was my VISA card number with expiry date and she wanted permission to charge $789.00 to it. Correct me if I'm wrong, but if I win something, why do I have to pay for it??? I wasn't born yesterday, so...

As soon as I told her I didn't have a visa/mastercard or whatever, she told me the 'offer' was only good for today! I called the number back (416) 849 3756,she answered, but this so-called "ASTAR Travel Agency" turns out to be a call-net communications land based line in Toronto, Ontario. Don't most travel agencies have 'real' numbers, well I guess only the legit ones do!!!

Robert
Vancouver, British Columbia
Canada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/12/2007 06:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ASTAR-Travel/Toronto-Ontario-Canada/ASTAR-Travel-told-me-I-WON-a-trip-to-Florida-but-then-I-was-to-send-them-money-for-it-To-230251. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ASTAR Travel