Complaint Review: ASTAR

• Submitted: Tue, November 18, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, November 18, 2008

• Reported By:swansea Other
ASTAR
12421 N FLORIDA AVENUE TAMPA, Florida U.S.A.

Astar scammed! conned! and LIED to by con-men!! Tampa Florida

I like others, have been told a pack of lies by the person who phoned me on the 13 oct, this year, I was informed that I had WON a FREE holiday, But as the conversation went on, it became obvious that it was NOT Free.

I was also informed that I was the only one out of the whole of the UK to have won one of their holidays! He ( sorry I have forgotten his name ) also said it was a pleasure to talk to someone who spoke English, Because most of the winners are usually from other countries, where English is not their first language.

He then proceeded to put me through to his so-called superviser, Who once again started to tell me all the Wonderful things that the holiday included, I was then put back to the first person I spoke to, and again he insisted that I would enjoy the holiday, and all the food we would have to eat, and the places we could visit I.E a cruise to the Bahamas, Disney World, and other places.

NOW Comes the crux of it all! He said it would cost 798 Dollars!! WOW! What a surprise!! BUT! he said! It is for four people, Now seing that I am a pensioner and so is my wife, and we are both not in the best of health, it makes NO difference to us if it was for ten people.

So I thought I would just let him carry on until it was time to say "I dont want it" But to my amazement, when he again mentioned the amount it would cost, I TOLD him that I DID NOT have that amount in my bank, He said " too late" "we have already taken it out of your account".

Now you can imagine how I felt at that moment, 798 Dollars is, 473.71, I know for a fact I only had, 140.00 in my account! so you can see they had put me into the red by almost 300.00, when I phoned the bank to try and stop it, it was too late, and that meant over the next few days I had to borrow the same amount to put myself back in the black.

So this con has not cost me 798 Dollars! but double that amount to make sure I am in the black again.

I have TRIED and TRIED to get in touch with Astar over the last two- three weeks with NO success at all!! The phone numbers and e-mail address they gave us, are, as you may know, UNAVAILABLE!! I have tried their web page, but still nothing!.

Just incase you may think I am an old fool, Yes maybe I am! I had a stroke a few years ago, and now my brain doesn't work as sufficiently as it should, BUT, I would NEVER want others to say it is MY fault for being conned/scammed/fiddled/cheated, call it whatever you like, THEY took MY money and now I want it BACK!!!!

Robert j
swansea
United Kingdom

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/18/2008 12:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ASTAR/TAMPA-Florida-33612/Astar-scammed-conned-and-LIED-to-by-con-men-Tampa-Florida-392418. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ASTAR