Complaint Review: ASTAR

12421 N Florida Ave Suite C220 Tampa, Florida United States of America
  • Phone: 8136768900
  • Web:
  • Category: Resorts

ASTAR 12421 N FLORIDA AVENUE, SUITE C220 TAMPA, Florida 33612 Astar strikes again. Money gone over night. Now can't find the money to credit back to us. we have tried to get a refund back, but all we get is its coming, but we can't tell you when. Con job. Lots of promises of getting money back, but still nothing in bank. Tampa, Florida

* : Nasty Nasty People

* : Sympathy with you

* : More Lies

* : Another Promise

we recieved a phone call from astar saying we had won a holiday. then they did the sales talk about how we got such a cheap holiday.  if we gave them a inprint of our credit card they would send us a package that we could look over and if we didn't like it we could send it backwithn 30 days and we would get refunded our credit.

the money went out of account overnight, they told us we had 30 days from receiving the package to decide before they took the money out.

the package did not arrive when they said it would, so we rang them about that and said that we had changed our mind about the whole thing.  they said we had to wait for the package to turn up, have a read of it and if we still didn't want it we were to send the whole thing back to them.  we sent the package back by international courier, so they had to sign for it.

astar told us when the package arrived they would ring us to discuss it.   still waiting for a phone call from them.  so I rang them as soon as we found out the package hand arrived, as we tracked it over the internet to see when it arrived.

I have been ringing astar since and have been given the run around.  They admit they got the package back on the 24 august, but they are having meetings with the owner about our money which is 998 us dollars. I have been ringing at least once a week since the 24 august.  but the last week I have been ringing everyday and still getting the same run around

I have asked for the names of the people that talk to me and when I asked to talk to that same person I was told this morning they have not heard of this person

I was told once again we are working on your refund but we cannot tell you what day or what time it will be put back into my account. but if there is any change we will ring you.

Ihave not had one phone call from them, except the first one, but nothing since.

we have put the matter in our banks hands at this stage.

I will still call them everyday.

My husband is a Vietnam Veteran, this has been very upsetting for him as well as myself.  I guess this company gets its kicks from ripping off people.  But what comes round goes round. I will kept you updated about this rotten company.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/02/2009 05:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ASTAR/Tampa-Florida-33612/ASTAR-12421-N-FLORIDA-AVENUE-SUITE-C220-TAMPA-Florida-33612-Astar-strikes-again-Money-489168. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ASTAR

#1

Nasty Nasty People

AUTHOR: Annette - (Australia)

Well it me again. We have been told twice by the same girl we would be getting our money back, but two lots of ten days have come and gone. Rang again 15th September, This time I was told they have Credited us with a note to our file we will be getting our money.  How wonderful, how many lies can they come up with. We have now put the matter in the hands of Better Business Bureau's Online Complaint System.  Division of Consumer Services.  Federal Trade Commission. The Attorney General Bill McCollumm in Florida has helped with the names.  This company should be closed down. We would love to see this happen. I hope they are all proud of them selves. I wonder if their parents are proud of their sons and daughters who work for this company and what they do to innocent people.

#2

Sympathy with you

AUTHOR: Ryan - (Australia)

I contacted ASTAR this morning and spoke to a Customer Service person.  This time they did not give their name.  Lucky for me as the time difference in Australia is prohibitive.

I was informed that as I have made a dispute report through my bank ASTAR cannot deal with me.  I said that this is good as I will not have to phone or email anymore.  Then they told me that if I had just phoned them I could have gotten my money back earlier, but now that I have filed a dispute, then it will take 90 to 120 days.  Then they said "and we usually win".  The gaul of them.

The email address I was given at the beginning of September is cs@astar.cc or sc@astar.us.  I have been bombarding them with emails daily.  If nothing else I feel as though I am doing something productive.

The holiday package finally arrived on 11th September, just out side of the money back period.  Very clever!  But given that the postal date was 28th August (after a 10th August initial conversation) I expect that they should honour their agreement.  Should I hold my breath?

Sending it back registered mail (more expense for me), and adding a confirmation of receipt document, should guarentee that the package is not lost in the mail and therefore I will be able to get my money back.  The last thing I need is to be told that ASTAR never received the returned goods.

I was told that "a lot of money had be spent on that holiday package" (...yes. mine!).  But, the holiday package is null and void until I pay the remaining amount.  I have not given permission for this and I do not authorise any further money being taken from my credit account.  I have said this in every email I have sent to them.  I hope they read this loud and clear.

It angers me that I was told I won a holiday then would be expected to pay for the holiday.  It seems to me that whole deal is quite fraudulant and best.

#3

More Lies

AUTHOR: Annette - (Australia)

We have been in contact with Astar again. Talked to the same girl that said we would be getting our money back within ten days. Now she tells me it will be another ten days. For any one that is still having trouble with this company, do not give up. There is many agencies in USA that want to know about companies like this one. Try the Federal Trade Commission. They will give you names of other agencies that would help as much as they can. And cancel your credit card as Astar can use it again.

Wait for the next update. As we do not intend to let them get away with it.  Please for all the other people, Astar is trying to rip off, Please, Please do not give up.

Annette

#4

Another Promise

AUTHOR: Annette - (Australia)

Guess what another promise.  Once again I had to ring Astar, and have been told that they have had there meeting and I will be getting my money back in ten days.

I am not holding my breath.  Please stay tuned for the next saga.