Complaint Review: ASTAR

• Submitted: Wed, May 27, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, May 27, 2009

• Reported By:East Bentleigh Other
12421 North Florida Ave Suite C220 Tampa, Florida U.S.A.

ASTAR Clearly Ripped Off by ASTAR Tampa Florida

I recently received a phone call from ASTAR to tell me I had a won a prize of 7 days & 6 nights in Tampa forida plus 2 day pass to disney world.
I have never won anything in my life and I was over the moon to think I had won something.

The first person to speak to me was called Anthony who convinced me I had definately won the prize. He then passed me over to Michael who then gave me such a speel that I was convinced. Now comes Pieare Brunet title security manager his manager ID 2149 he reiterated what I had won and that our conversation would be recorded and then went onto to ask me for my credit card details to pay for a package which would be sent to me within 30 days. By now I'm so hyped about winning the so called prize that I gave him my details. He then advised that the full amount of $998 was not approved only $499.00 thats Ok he said the balance can be paid later.
Our conversation continued with more hype from him which did'nt give me time to think of what I had just done.

When my husband arrived home from work I told him of the so called good news, he then started asking me questions such as what is the money for if you have won a trip? then the bomb dropped, I realised that I had been duped.
I immediately contacted my bank & requested a stop be put on the payment which they advised they couldn't & I had to contact the client & and cancel it with them.
Rather than ring ASTAR I put a request in writing(not trusting verbal conversation) to them & mailed it Express delivery to ASTAR (12th of May 2009). On the 19th May they mailed a package to me which I received on the 26th May 2009 (the package is an evelope 9 1/2 inches wide by 6 1/2 high) I don't know what is in it because I'm returning it unopened to ASTAR with a copy of the letter that I had previously sent.

Now that I have found the "Ripoff" site I will be copy off other reports about ASTAR to convince my bank that a fraud had been committed so that I can get my money back.

Don't deal with ASTAR everybody out there in Internet Land you will get ripped off just like me.

I must be dum you will say, well I have always been savvy to rip offs but I can only say that the guys are so good with the selling speel that I got lured in with the hype they put on me.

East Bentleigh

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/27/2009 08:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ASTAR/Tampa-Florida-33612/ASTAR-Clearly-Ripped-Off-by-ASTAR-Tampa-Florida-455975. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ASTAR