Complaint Review: ASTAR

• Updated: Thu, November 11, 2010

• Reported By: Tracey — Coombabah Internet Australia
12421N.Florida Ave Suite C-220 Tampa, Florida United States of America

ASTAR Ripped me off to the amount of $1000AU Tampa, Florida

This company ASTAR rang me at work one day and told me i had won a holiday.  THis was in November 2009.  They asked me for my credit card details so that they could process my winnings.

They went through so many things with me on the phone that i got very confused.  I found out a few days later that they had taken nearly $1000AU from my account.

About 10 days later i received in the mail a package of what appeared to be travel documents for various locations in America.  With this they also had sent their terms & conditions of this travel package.

In their terms & conditions they stated that this package could be cancelled if i so chose to do within 30 days of receipt.

I did so choose to do this and sent them an email (they said must be done in writing) and got a stock standard email in return asking me to call their office and that they could not attend this matter via email....WTF!!

I called on several occassions only to get one response telling me to call during office hours....well as i live on the other side of the world that becomes impossible to do.  So i wrote a letter again on 1st Sept 2010 requesting a refund and as of today 12 november 2010 i have had no reply.

It would seem this company earns their money by ripping off unsuspecting customers!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/11/2010 08:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ASTAR/Tampa-Florida-33612/ASTAR-Ripped-me-off-to-the-amount-of-1000AU-Tampa-Florida-660997. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ASTAR