Complaint Review: ASTAR

• Updated: Fri, October 29, 2010

• Reported By: caberetstar — England:Blackpool United Kingdom
linebaugh Ave Internet United States of America

ASTAR All seasons travel scamed stolen, fraud, Internet

I recieved a phone call about two months ago from this holiday firm in Florida. This holiday was supposedly a heavily discounted  holiday with the only catch being that we had to take a 90 min tour of a time share presentation. I have to hand it to the girl on the phone, she was very convincing. The holiday included, tickets to all the theme parks, car rental, a 7 day cruise and a host of other holiday jollies. All It would cost us was $698.00. I only paid half of this money and they said that as long as the balance was paid no later that 45 days before we were due to travel, that was ok. About two mins after I had put down the phone, alarm bells started ringing so I had a look on the internet and my worse fears were confirmed.

I instantly rang my bank and tried to stop the transaction but unfortunatly, it had already gone through. I spent a week trying to get hold of this company and finally they rang me back after I sent them an email and said that they would refund my money. I am still waiting. I noticed that every time I sent them an email, they always rang me back so there would be no record of them getting in touch with me. I have recently sent them another email telling them that I am now going to take other avenues to recovering my money, starting with the Tampa police Dept, wich coinsidently is just around the corner from them. this prompted the responce the the money would be back in my account within the next two weeks.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/29/2010 06:49 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ASTAR/internet/ASTAR-All-seasons-travel-scamed-stolen-fraud-Internet-656483. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ASTAR