Complaint Review: ASTRO/GENESIS RECORDS

• Updated: Sat, August 11, 2012

• Reported By: Tracie Cuba — Gibsonton Florida United States of America
ASTRO/GENESIS RECORDS
13575 58th Street North Clearwater, Florida United States of America

ASTRO/GENESIS RECORDS DIANA RAY / DIANE R. SMITH Talent Search Ripoff Clearwater, Florida

*UPDATE Employee: REBUTTAL TO THIS PERSON

My son was contacted by Astro/Genesis Records thru Explore Talent re: modeling for a showcase. I am simply reporting the scam so this hopefully won't happen to anyone else. Basically, they're supposed to be a talent search company which has had a few shows in the past, but currently the shows are being cancelled. In order for them to hold your spot in the show, they try to get you to sell up to at least eight (8) tickets. They won't guaranty your spot until you purchase tickets, and there is NO refund. I was skeptic about it, so to ease my concern, I was receiving e-mails from Diana Ray or Diane R. Smith.  Then she actually called me on the phone and after all of the communication I did feel that this was legit. Well, I was wrong.  Once you've purchased the tickets, you are unable to contact anyone. The website is down; the phone goes directly to voicemail; no one returns your calls, nor your e-mails.  I only purchased two (2) tickets, so I've taken that loss, but I'm sure they are collecting a crazy amount of money from people.  Hopefully something can be done so they don't rip anyone else off.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/18/2012 12:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ASTROGENESIS-RECORDS/Clearwater-Florida-33760/ASTROGENESIS-RECORDS-DIANA-RAY-DIANE-R-SMITH-Talent-Search-Ripoff-Clearwater-Florida-913931. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ASTRO/GENESIS RECORDS

REBUTTAL TO THIS PERSON

AUTHOR: ASTRO/GENESIS RECORDS - (United States of America)

My name is Diana Ray, Public Relations A&R of Astro/Genesis Records.  We were sent this from some one speaking about her son.  First of all,  I am not too sure who this person is?  We speak to many people.  If this is who I think it is, her son is registered to be apart of our shows with his two (2) tickets.  We have been trying to contact this person for weeks with their numbers were not working or no one has returned our calls.

We do have a number of calls on a daily basis and do ask that people wait until we get back to them, due to the amount of people that contact us.  We are a record label and people have to be patient until we get back to everyone.  As we try to contact everyone as soon as we can.  Our websites and numbers are constantly working.  I would say that this person did not want to wait until we got back to them, again as I say we ask that everyone have patience until we get back to them.

Two tickets to take from someone is not enough for us to do anything with.  Really.  This person, still we are trying to contact, in which I think it is, her son  we  have not heard from them yet.  So, I cannot even say that I recognize the person's  name.  I am going on assumption, because the name they are giving is not recognizable to us, if this is their name.  When you are dealing with public, you cannot appease everyone, but we try.

I would like for this person to contact me directly at 1-813-283-0667 or email me at astrogenesisrecords@yahoo.com and we will do all that we can to rectify the situation if they contact us.  Plus, I believe when they tried to contact me I was away on a business trip at the time and the person didn't want to wait.

If they contact us and mention this report, we will try to rectify it.  We are trying to contact them now, if it is who I think it is.  And, have been trying to call this person for the show over a week now.  What can we do if we don't get any type of reply?  We can only do what we can do.

ASTRO/GENESIS RECORDS