Complaint Review: ASUREA

• Submitted: Fri, March 18, 2011
  • Updated: Mon, February 27, 2012

• Reported By: Cindy — Virginia Beach Virginia U.S.A.
ASUREA
6939 Sunrise Blvd. Citrus Heights, California United States of America

ASUREA Insurance Wholesalers Rips off Agents Citrus Heights, California

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Original poster is soooo right

*General Comment: I have had good experiences with this company

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Getting the facts straight.

Do not work with Asurea.

They do not hire enough people to man their main office in California so agents will never be able to reach them for questions on commissions or anything else. I tried calling for 3 weeks, and even the receptionist has a message machine. She returned my call once, and then transfered me to the commissions department only for that phone to
be answered by a machine also. When I left several messages with other department workers they too didn't bother to return calls.

I finally got fed up and wrote into the company by email telling them I would never sell another policy through them again as they dont have enough people to man the phones and respond to their agents. How did they respond? They zero'd my commissions and kept my incoming commissions....just to tell me off I guess.

Also, Asurea only pays 100% for their commissions, while Broker's Alliance pays up to 128%. Several other companies I've looked at also pay in the high 120's.

Also they charge enormous amounts for leads. All the while telling you they "dont make a dime off them".  $48 apiece...

Do not work with this horrible company. They aren't worth the hassle and are spiteful and vengeful to boot.

To steal my commissions because I complained about my not being able to reach them for 3 weeks is just robbery.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/18/2011 05:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ASUREA/Citrus-Heights-California-95610/ASUREA-Insurance-Wholesalers-Rips-off-Agents-Citrus-Heights-California-707887. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ASUREA

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Original poster is soooo right

AUTHOR: Randal - ()

Of all the insurance/brokerage related companies I have been involved with, Asurea is far and away the biggest scam. This Craigslist-advertising racket has the nerve to charge agents *steep* rates for their terrible, worthless, laughable "leads" that are no better than dialing randomly from a phone book.

Their goal is to coerce new hires into quitting within two weeks (or outright fire them), so they don't have to be paid. The idea here is to have the new victim..er, agent..write just a few policies as he spends his own time, talent, and gas money into lining the company's pockets. After that, the employee is axed while the next round of suckers is hired (soon to be fired).

What a fortune to be made! Most of the work is done by people who are never paid a nickel.

If you are planning on quitting your job to work for these swindlers, you are a total buffoon. You would be better off working at McDonald's.

Stay far, far away. Don't take any risk with this scam. Just my two cents!

#2 General Comment

I have had good experiences with this company

AUTHOR: Sandi - (U.S.A.)

I have just recently began my contracting through Asurea and have had no problems with getting ahold of anyone.  The man that has been assisting in me getting contracted through different carriers even told us in a webinar that if we need him to call immediately during an appointment to text him "911".  I don't think that is a company that is avoiding anyone or trying to be unethical.  On the contrary, it's quite the opposite.   My lead cost is dictacted by my broker, not by Asurea, and is no where near what you are saying in this post.   Plus, if you have done any investigation, a lot of companies charge a substantial cost for leads, they're just not cheap, period!

I have nothing bad to say about Asurea, they want me to be a successful writing agent, and there is nothing wrong with that!

#3 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Getting the facts straight.

AUTHOR: Michael Hansen - (United States of America)

Asurea has been in business for 20 years. We have over 20,000 agents and brokers under contract and pride ourselves in how we do business. We very much value our agents and the relationships we have with them. We here at Asurea strive to provide the best customer service to our clients, agents and brokers that is feasibly possible. We have not heard that answering telephone calls has ever been a problem in the past but if it needs improvement it will be addressed. I'd like to speak to the other items in this complaint. First, we have never kept agents commissions, ever. The way we operate makes this impossible. Agents are appointed with carriers directly and the only instance of an agents commissions being held would be at a carrier level. That would only occur if an agent had a debit balance due to debt from advance commissions due and would be retained by the carrier, not Asurea. It is not our company policy, nor possible to hold an agents commissions at our level. Second, we do pay street commissions to agents, which by and large can amount to 100% commissions. This is standard practice for most, if not all, agencies and IMO's in the insurance industry. I am not aware of any IMO's or agencies paying above street commissions to individual producers. Anyone doing so is a breach of most Insurance Companies agreements and constitutes bad business because running and agency is very expensive. Providing training, underwriting support, case management, contracting support, supplies and a long list of services to agents is costly and  key to running a successful insurance organization. Anyone doing so would not be in business long because it is impossible to provide such services, stay in business and make a reasonable profit. Third, we sell leads at our cost. We do not sell leads for $48, we sell leads well below that figure. We provide leads as a service, at cost, to agents so they can write business. Lastly, we do not have an agent named Cindy in Virginia Beach that has ever bought leads or ever done business with us. I find this complaint dubious at best. Anonymously making accusations that arent true is very easy in a format like this and we feel it is very important to get the facts straight here. Anyone that would like to discuss Asurea and any experiences you have had with our company, good or bad, and any way we can improve or provide better service is welcome to email me at jryerson@asurea.com. I am the COO of the company. My phone number is 800-689-5490 Ext. 260. You may also email our CEO, Brian Pope at bpope@asurea.com. Brian's telephone extension is 106. Thank You.