Complaint Review: ASUS Rebates

• Updated: Tue, September 10, 2013

• Reported By: steamed — Roseville California
ASUS Rebates
, Select State/Province USA

I purchased an ASUS motherboard from Fry's Electronics Store on May 31, 2013.  The purchased included a $10.00 rebate.  I promptly submitted my rebate application online on the same day of purchase, May 31, 2013.  My rebate claim was approved by ASUS on June 10, 2013.  According to ASUS/Afligo Rebate, my Amex Reward Card was sent on July 3, 2013 which I never received.  I contacted ASUS Customer Service.

ASUS Customer Service's reply:

Dear customer;

Please follow the instruction below, you will be connected to a live agent.

If you have not received your AMEX reward card, please contact
 1-800-297-7327 press #0 (3) times to  receive assistance from a  customer
 service agent to request a re-issue card. Please have your name and address
 readily available from your  rebate status .
 From Afligo rebates.
 Thank you.
I called that number several times hoping to be transferred to a live customer service agent.  Each time I call that number, I am asked for my card number which I don't have.  I pressed the #0 (3) times as instructed, but it will never transfer to a customer service agent then the line will cut off.
I have called ASUS' customer service too, but I was told to call the Amex number, and that is the only number that I can get my reward.  Several tries again to no avail; email from ASUS's customer service is the same reply.
If ASUS do not intend to honor these rebates, then they should do away with these rebates.  What a ripoff!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/10/2013 02:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ASUS-Rebates/Select-StateProvince/ASUS-Rebates-Afligo-Rebates-REBATE-NEVER-RECEIVED-INTERNET-1083411. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ASUS Rebates