Complaint Review: ASUS

• Submitted: Mon, September 12, 2011
  • Updated: Mon, September 12, 2011

• Reported By: Jeffrey — Springdale Arkansas United States of America
121 River Ridge Circle Jeffersonville, Indiana United States of America

ASUS ASUSteK, ASUS Computer ASUS Warranty Scam! Damaged Motherboard/Bent CPU Pins Jeffersonville, Indiana

I first contacted ASUS support on 8/10/2011 about my defective P5Q Deluxe, which had stopped powering on. They were helpful in the beginning, giving me an RMA number and collecting my data. After it had shipped to the repair facility, this is where things started to sour very quickly. One of their technicians bent the pins of the CPU socket, took a picture, and sent me a bill for $120. In an email, I was told my warranty was void, because the motherboard had physical damage. I called ASUS again, informing them of what happened, again, they redirected the blame to me. Refusing to take any kind of responsibility.

I have filed with the BBB, but even they cannot make the company respond. I am quite frankly at my wit's end with this company. Any ideas or support that can be provided, are appreciated. I want to take this to the next level.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/12/2011 12:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ASUS/Jeffersonville-Indiana-47130/ASUS-ASUSteK-ASUS-Computer-ASUS-Warranty-Scam-Damaged-MotherboardBent-CPU-Pins-Jefferso-775764. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ASUS