Complaint Review: AStar Travel

• Submitted: Tue, January 09, 2007
  • Updated: Tue, January 09, 2007

• Reported By:Edmonton Alberta
AStar Travel
www.astarvacations.com Ft. Lauderdale, Florida U.S.A.

AStar Travel Travel Trip To Bahamas, Too Good To Be True!!! Ft. Lauderdale, Florida Internet

January 9th, 2006 6:17pm.I received my phone call at 4:30 today.I just wanted to write in....although I was under the impression I had won a contest I don't remember entering, I was so excited. The gentleman on the phone was very friendly, informing me that I had won a trip for 4 to the Bahamas!!! I never win anything, so I was excited! He went through all the steps with me, telling me that I would have 18 months to buy the actual tickets. He sounded very professional and courteous. We had a great conversation about all the things I could do in Florida including shopping (my favorite) and dining. He told me that I would have to pay for my own airfare to Florida and from there I would stay in the Radisson in Orlando for 7 days and 6 nights...and only have to pay 15% of the hotel costs, plus get a 7 day rental car and tickets to Universal Theme Park!!!

Also I would get to go to Daytona and Cocoa (???) Beach and stay at the Holiday Inn for 3 days and 2 nights. Then I would be off to Port Everglades for 2 days and 2 nights. And from there I would aboard the cruise ship....to the Bahamas, where I could enjoy golfing, shopping, sandy beaches, and tennis. All of the food, drinks, and entertainment aboard the ship would be covered.

All the while, throughout our conversations, the gentleman was very friendly. He informed me that my package would be sent within 21 days. Fortunately for me I didn't have enough money on my credit card, and therefore did not want to give my credit card information. He reassured me that his company had a direct link with Visa and Mastercard and he could see if I had enough on my card to purchase 1/2 of the total amount which was $798.00 America. Which converted would be $938 Canadian. It sounded so great. He said I could pay half now and half later,like he was doing me a favor by doing so.

I immediately called my fiance and told him the good news, still unaware it was a scam...he phoned me back immediately and told me not to give the gentleman any information..and my fiance had looked online at this website and he informed me that it was a scam.

The "company" is to call me back tomorrow at 5:00 Pm to get my credit card information. Thanks to technology and the ripoff report website I now know not to give him anything. Thank you So Much!! I could have been a victim, but instead I now know that I will not Stand for being ripped off!!!

Melissa
Edmonton, Alberta
Canada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/09/2007 06:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AStar-Travel/Ft-Lauderdale-Florida/AStar-Travel-Travel-Trip-To-Bahamas-Too-Good-To-Be-True-Ft-Lauderdale-Florida-Intern-229614. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AStar Travel