Complaint Review: AT T Universal Card

• Submitted: Wed, March 05, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, March 05, 2008

• Reported By:Fort Myers Florida
AT T Universal Card
universalcard.com Jacksonville, Florida U.S.A.

AT T Universal Card loan sharking tactics Jacksonville Florida

I transferred credit card balances to this card back on August 17, 2007, for 3.9% until the loan is paid. I was a charter member of the card going back years. This months payment was due 2-19-08. My computer was down and I could not pay it until the next day 2-20-08. I was never late before on this account. In fact, they increased my credit line to 17000.00 from 13000.00 just this past month. My current balance is approx $11,000.00 at 3.9%.

When I received my statement yesterday, I was shocked. My rate went from 3.9% to 30% all because I was one day late. I immediately called them and they refused to do anything about it. I closed the account. Out of principle I will not pay on this account. I also know my rights as a consumer and I will go toe to toe with them in their collection efforts.

This is loansharking at its worst. I refuse to pay on this account. It is outrageous and a hard lesson to learn.

Stay away from Citibank. They are predatory lenders with no ethics or scruples. They will sell their souls for profit. I feel for people forced into bankruptcy due to the unethical actions of credit card companies.

Heidi
Fort Myers, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/05/2008 11:54 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AT-T-Universal-Card/Jacksonville-Florida-32231/AT-T-Universal-Card-loan-sharking-tactics-Jacksonville-Florida-314990. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AT T Universal Card