contrary

• Updated: Tue, October 16, 2012

• Reported By: michelle — rsm California United States of America
AT THE BEACH
1603 West Memorial Road OK, Oklahoma United States of America

AT THE BEACH tHIS PLACE IS A TOTAL SCAM AND WILL HARASS YOU EVERY MONTH EVEN THOUGH YOU TRY TO CANCEL THEY LIE!!!! , Oklahoma

This company is a total scam. They do not show their pricing anywhere and it's not in the contract. I signed up for unlimited spray tans for 49.99 a month. I did a tan that day and told the guy I wanted dark. He said no don't go dark try medium - dark is really dark. I said ok. The next time I went in ( after signing the contract) I asked for dark and they said how would you like to pay for that upgrade? I said excuse me?  They said dark is an upgrade and costs an extra 5.00 each time you go in. I was livid. I called the customer care center and was on hold for 25 mins each time I called. When I finally reached someone they said they could not help me and put me through to someone's voice mail. I was so frustrated and wanted to cancel my membership. I tried to do this and they said I would be responsible for the entire 700 dollars regardless of the misrepresentation. I said it does not say anywhere in the contract what the price is... Nor does it say what you are paying for... Make sure you look at this! I finally went to the better business bureau and lodged a complaint. They have OVER 700 complaints!!!!!They offered 6 free dark upgrades. I said no. Then they offered 12. I refused and denied the charge on my credit card.  They immediately sent me to collections. BE AWARE this company is scamming people and they could not care less whether you are happy or not. They take your money and lie about their services. PLEASE do your research. Look at the better business bureau website and other complaints before you join.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/16/2012 05:42 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AT-THE-BEACH/OK-Oklahoma-/AT-THE-BEACH-tHIS-PLACE-IS-A-TOTAL-SCAM-AND-WILL-HARASS-YOU-EVERY-MONTH-EVEN-THOUGH-YOU-T-955899. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AT THE BEACH